A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > The Windrush scandal.
The Windrush scandal.  [message #76921] Wed, 27 May 2020 06:12 Go to next message
Talo Segura is currently offline  Talo Segura

Likes it here

Hard to imagine you might come (legally) at eight years old to live in a country (UK), then years later be put on a plane back to the country you left as a child, classified as an illegal immigrant, but that's what happened in Great Britain!

The Windrush scandal TV drama: 'People will be up in arms when they see this'

A new BBC film, Sitting in Limbo, recounts the story of Anthony Bryan, who was sacked, arrested, detained and threatened with deportation, before the government apologised. The reporter who broke the original story talks to his family and friends about the years of misery they endured.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/may/27/the-windrush -scandal-tv-drama-people-will-be-up-in-arms-when-they-see-th is
Re: The Windrush scandal.  [message #76929 is a reply to message #76921] Wed, 27 May 2020 16:15 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I am the son of an immigrant. I was born here in the UK so I am properlyy British. 

When the Windrush generation arrived we were an overtly racist population. It seems that is not in the past tense after all.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Incest: for heterosexuals only?
Next Topic: John Boswell: The Man Who Gave Christianity A Sex Talk!
Goto Forum: