A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > How are we?
How are we?  [message #77372] Thu, 01 October 2020 20:27 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have had a couple of folk now ask me, since I am quiet here, if I am all right. So, I am asking you, "How are you?"

[Updated on: Thu, 01 October 2020 20:37]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: How are we?  [message #77373 is a reply to message #77372] Thu, 01 October 2020 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Me?

I am jaded with useless political alleged leadership or my country. My home town is beset by tourists who believe they are COVID 19 immune and refuse to keep a decent distance, and they wil be here for at least another month. So I want rain

I am fit and healthy. I walk a good distance each day, some 5.5 miles with an ascent, a sharp ascent, of 225 metres at the start. The exercise produces useful endorphins. I'm more than three quarters if the way to the Proclaimers since March 24th

I'd like this all to be over, and, to help it, I am being wise and keeping away from folk

[Updated on: Fri, 02 October 2020 18:33]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: How are we?  [message #77374 is a reply to message #77373] Fri, 02 October 2020 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

Good Job Tim. We live in a coastal area that dependns on tourism to survive. I was in town today for a couple of appointments separated by several hours and had time to kill so went down to the bayfrontt, touristy area to take some pictures for friends of ours who wanted to see our town. There is much of interest tourist and locals alike in the little town of Newport, Oregon, and both were out in droves today. Amazingly all seemed to be wearing masks appropriately. It was only when I went to the places in town that tourists aren't likely to frequent that I found the "Karens" of the world alive and well. I was disappointed in our local folks so got my appointments overwith and retreated to our little country slice of heaven where we only have to worry about running out of water due to lack of rainfall and burning up for the same reason.

[Updated on: Fri, 02 October 2020 02:30]

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: How are we?  [message #77378 is a reply to message #77373] Fri, 02 October 2020 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

I'm keeping Ok (well, apart from the start of SAD, and autumn weather paying Hob with my arthritis - nothing new there). I don't go out much  socially at the best of times, and have most of my food delivered 'cos I can't carry anything much, so on the whole being very cautious about going out is no big change. I'm at risk due to angina and being 65, so playing it as safe as I reasonably can (without panicking) seems a good idea. I do manage a "constitutional" walk two or three times a week, picking times and places where there are likely to be fewest other people!

If anything, I "see" more people than previously, because Zoom meetings are so much easier to set up than meetings in realworld are - that goes for family, for my group of schoolmates, for the local Green Party (of which I recently became Chair), and so on.

The only real difference that did worry me was that I had four months where I didn't feel able to go over and see my 89-year-old Mum, as it involves travel by train. However, I'm now back to visiting her about every alternate weekend.

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: How are we?  [message #77382 is a reply to message #77378] Sun, 04 October 2020 02:13 Go to previous message
Bensiamin is currently offline  Bensiamin

Likes it here

Timmy;

Thanks for the update. Good to know you are making good use of the time and being sensible. Those endorphins are very helpful!

Just don't stay too quiet for too long!

Bensiamin
Previous Topic: Contact info for user Ashdaw?
Next Topic: Needed to talk about this. Advice, please?
Goto Forum: