A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Looking for a story
Looking for a story  [message #77557] Mon, 28 December 2020 19:47 Go to next message
James is currently offline  James

Getting started

I am looking for a story about two boys that lived on the U.S./Canada border around Abbotsford B.C. They met when one of the boys had a flat on his bike and they hopped across the border to fix it. They eventually became good friends and visited back and forth.

Under these COVID related times I would like to get the name to pass along to some friends to read.

Hope someone can help.

James
Re: Looking for a story  [message #77558 is a reply to message #77557] Mon, 28 December 2020 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I've used the site seach engine, with no hits. I went and tried the same on Nifty. The results don't look promising. When yoiu fijdnit I;d love to kno and read it, please

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Looking for a story  [message #77560 is a reply to message #77558] Tue, 29 December 2020 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

I recall the story. They both lived in back to back homes with their back fences abutting each other's yards across the border. Both of their fathers were border patrol agents for their respective countries. The boys dug a tunnel between their garden sheds so they could tryst together bumping uglies or making out or whatever. They also started their own little black market in candy at their local schools, selling candy brands or bars not available in their own countries to their classmates. This continued for awhile until...

I don't recall what site it's on or who the author is.

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: Looking for a story  [message #77562 is a reply to message #77557] Tue, 29 December 2020 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pedro

Toe is in the water

James, yours and Teddy's synposis make me think it is the delightful tale 'Borderline Insanity' byGee Whillickers over on Awesomedude:  http://www.awesomedude.com/gee_whillickers/borderline_insani ty.htm

Read and enjoy - even if it isn't actually the story you were looking for.

Pedro
Re: Looking for a story  [message #77563 is a reply to message #77562] Tue, 29 December 2020 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

That is a cute story

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Looking for a story  [message #77564 is a reply to message #77562] Tue, 29 December 2020 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ivor slipper is currently offline  ivor slipper

Likes it here

Well done, Pedro!

Like Teddy I could recal the story outline, but that was as far as I could go. Now I can enjoy reading it again. Thanks!
Re: Looking for a story  [message #77567 is a reply to message #77564] Wed, 30 December 2020 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

Gee Whillikers is a very good author. Some of the best stories I have read by Gee are -- "The Scariest Costume of All" --  http://dabeagle.com/stories/gee/shorts/scarycostume.ht ml

and  his novel "The Wish"   --    http://dabeagle.com/storymainpages/WishHome.html 

and a gay hockey story,  --   http://dabeagle.com/stories/gee/shorts/ooml.html   and at the end, Gee explains what hockey differences he used to make the story better.

Stories by Gee Whillikers (pseudonym) are on Dabeagle.com   and  awesomedude.com   and   codeysworld.com   with the most stories being on AD.  However, there is one story (The Spelling Bee) that is on Codeysworld.com and not on the other two sites.

[Edited to make the links work ~ timmy]

[Updated on: Thu, 31 December 2020 08:12] by Moderator

Re: Looking for a story  [message #77569 is a reply to message #77567] Thu, 31 December 2020 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Each of these three is my new favourite

Re: Looking for a story  [message #77578 is a reply to message #77569] Fri, 08 January 2021 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

The Wish, linked above, is one of my favorites of Gee's. Probs also in my top 10 of this genre. Great story by an accomplished author.

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: Looking for a story  [message #77614 is a reply to message #77562] Mon, 01 February 2021 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James is currently offline  James

Getting started

Thats the one. Thanks
Re: Looking for a story  [message #77615 is a reply to message #77567] Tue, 02 February 2021 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pedro

Toe is in the water

"Bisexual_Guy wrote on Wed, 30 December 2020 04:32"
Gee Whillikers is a very good author.

Stories by Gee Whillikers (pseudonym) are on Dabeagle.com   and  awesomedude.com   and   codeysworld.com   with the most stories being on AD.  However, there is one story (The Spelling Bee) that is on Codeysworld.com and not on the other two sites.

--
For what it's worth, 
'The Spelling Bee' is on AD, just that it is buried in the forums and not in the main bookshelf. It was posted as a response to topic Gee himself had first raised. He later added a second tale, unnamed, to the same thread.  https://forums.awesomedude.com/topic/10657-mamihlapinatapai/ ?ct=1612241324

Pedro
Re: Looking for a story  [message #77801 is a reply to message #77615] Sun, 09 May 2021 23:09 Go to previous message
GeeWhillickers is currently offline  GeeWhillickers

Getting started

I just came across this thread after being referred to it. I just wanted to thank everyone for your comments on that story as well as the kind comments on some of my other stories. I really appreciate the kind words!

--Gee
Previous Topic: The Darkness Between Doors, by Geron Kees
Next Topic: Puppy For Sale - Republish.
Goto Forum: