A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > An Apology - James Matthews
An Apology - James Matthews  [message #77954] Tue, 06 July 2021 19:30 Go to next message
James Matthews is currently offline  James Matthews

Toe is in the water

RE: The War on Woke (Now locked)

I have always been a person who will hold my hands up if I have made a mistake. Today I am doing that.

The post I published a few days ago had no place on this site. Those who read the post, and indeed replied/responded will have probably built a picture in their head about who I am. Perhaps some will even go as far as thinking I am some supporter of EDL or the BNP (UK Extreme right political parties). I am not this person I promise you. But my vies and subsequent posts I accept were inflammatory and again had no place on a gay story site.

I have been a member of IOMFATS for many years. I love this site and what it stands for, and am a patron of it. It would break my heart if I ever brought it into disrepute and I also regret if I upset any members of the site. It was never my intention, even with the post.

I hope everyone can understand that sometimes what seems like a good idea at the time turns out not to be once thought through. Despite my intentions to open a debate on a subject that I knew would offend some people, I accept this was wrong. I do have views that some find unpalatable but those are my views. I do believe Conservatives and Liberals can be good friends, and indeed they are. I will speak of one person as an example who I know will not mind me mentioning - and that is Timmy. We hold completely different views, but remain friends and understand one another. A couple of members who will remain nameless do not seem to have that capacity and I deeply regret I have upset them. 

So without any catches - to those involved, and who read the thread I offer an unreserved apology to anyone I offended or upset. I hope we can put this behind us with no hard feelings. I also truly hope that through the stories I write, you will see into the person I am, as a little bit of me is in every novel.

Warm Regards

James
Re: An Apology - James Matthews  [message #77955 is a reply to message #77954] Tue, 06 July 2021 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I think we should draw a quiet line under this. Thank you for this post, James. I hope those who have chosen to modify their relationships with you feel it in their hearts to accept this overture from you.

[Updated on: Tue, 06 July 2021 21:47]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: An Apology - James Matthews  [message #77956 is a reply to message #77955] Wed, 07 July 2021 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

James,

Indeed, people of widly divergent opinions, beliefs, spiritual parradigms can be friends, even close friends. I've found this to be the case in my own life with relatives and others. Frankly, it's my belief that the the world NEEDS divergent opinions, practices, and ways of life in order to acheive true balance, or for that matter to even get anything worthwhile accomplished. How boring would it be around here, after all, if we all walked in lockstep? 

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Re: An Apology - James Matthews  [message #77957 is a reply to message #77954] Wed, 07 July 2021 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

By the way, I am neither a conservative nor a liberal. I am a committed floating voter, generally voting for least worst.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: An Apology - James Matthews  [message #77961 is a reply to message #77957] Sun, 11 July 2021 14:34 Go to previous message
James Matthews is currently offline  James Matthews

Toe is in the water

"timmy wrote on Wed, 07 July 2021 22:42"
By the way, I am neither a conservative nor a liberal. I am a committed floating voter, generally voting for least worst.

--

I think for many years to come... it will always be the least worst as a choice.
Previous Topic: Looking for advice
Next Topic: amazing "medical" device
Goto Forum: