A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Looking for Jack Schaeffer
icon4.gif Looking for Jack Schaeffer  [message #77598] Wed, 20 January 2021 16:09 Go to next message
Yadrak is currently offline  Yadrak

Getting started

Hi there..

i´m looking for informations about Jack Schaeffer. He´s the autor of the Forever Saga and his story was postet on Nifty and Castle Roland, sadly not here.
Now, with the pandemic ongoing, he has stopped posting new chapters in august or september 2020.
I´m worried if he´s alright and if he will continue his Story.

Maybe someone of you has read his story of Jack and Sam and is in contact with him?
Can anyone tell me, if the autor is ok?

Any information would easy my worries... 

It is like it is but if it were different... who knows... Wink
Re: Looking for Jack Schaeffer  [message #77599 is a reply to message #77598] Wed, 20 January 2021 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Jack has a mailing list.  I've not heard from it for a month or more, though.  He and I have spoken about his work and this site. It's too far outside our niche, unfortunately, because it's a good tale, well crafted.

Have you tried emailing him?

[Updated on: Wed, 20 January 2021 17:41]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Looking for Jack Schaeffer  [message #77604 is a reply to message #77599] Fri, 22 January 2021 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

Yes, i have tried mailing him, but no answer this far.

Even his books are not available at amazone.

I´m really worried for him. 

His story on Nifty.. gone.

Castle Roland.. gone.

No autor named Jack Schaeffer to be found on both. :/

Re: Looking for Jack Schaeffer  [message #77605 is a reply to message #77604] Fri, 22 January 2021 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Using Nifty's  search I can see that Forever is present in the search results, but is a 404 error when you click the link

jackschaeffer.com still exists

His last newsletter was 4 December

What do the folk at Castke Roland say?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Looking for Jack Schaeffer  [message #77607 is a reply to message #77605] Fri, 22 January 2021 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Al N. is currently offline  Al N.

Getting started

Jack Schaeffer still has a story on the Castle (it was entered as a contest story). However, his Forever series has been removed, as of the 18th. Jack requested this as he says he intends to rewrite the story.

Whether or not he does and resubmits it, is neither here nor there. I always abide by an authors wishes... It is their intellectual property, after all!

All the best,
Al
Re: Looking for Jack Schaeffer  [message #77608 is a reply to message #77607] Fri, 22 January 2021 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

As long as Jack is well in himself that is truly all that matters.  He's had a rocky few years of late

Re: Looking for Jack Schaeffer  [message #77611 is a reply to message #77607] Sun, 24 January 2021 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

Thanks for the info.
That could explain why the books are not available at amazon anymore.

I´ll be exictet to read the new stories.. 

Re: Looking for Jack Schaeffer  [message #78125 is a reply to message #77611] Sun, 05 September 2021 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paulwj is currently offline  paulwj

Getting started

we are now 9 months further on and has anyone heard from him? I emailed him direct with no reply. I know his site is still up but how long will that last  if he's gone?
Re: Looking for Jack Schaeffer  [message #78129 is a reply to message #78125] Fri, 10 September 2021 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

I have send him some emails in the last few weeks but got no response as of yet. :/
If someone hears anything about him, plz give notice.. 

Re: Looking for Jack Schaeffer  [message #78184 is a reply to message #77604] Wed, 03 November 2021 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jbboucha is currently offline  jbboucha

Getting started

jack's website address : https://jackschaeffer.com/

JBB
Re: Looking for Jack Schaeffer  [message #78202 is a reply to message #78184] Thu, 25 November 2021 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

"jbboucha wrote on Wed, 03 November 2021 13:49"
jack's website address : https://jackschaeffer.com/

Thanks but--we have had ths website address but we are getting no reply from email and no posts on the web site 
Re: Looking for Jack Schaeffer  [message #78203 is a reply to message #78202] Thu, 25 November 2021 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

There is also a twitter feed, but no tweets

He will resurface, or not, at his discretion

Re: Looking for Jack Schaeffer  [message #78242 is a reply to message #78203] Mon, 07 February 2022 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Al N. is currently offline  Al N.

Getting started

As website administrators or owners, we can only abide by our own websiter rules and the various authors decisions.

Since Castle Roland does not have a prepetual liense on an authors work, we removed Jack's Forever series at his request. We can onl;y hope all is well with him and that he will return.

His continued silence is not encouraging, however.
Re: Looking for Jack Schaeffer  [message #78253 is a reply to message #77598] Mon, 07 March 2022 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

Check your emails jack has finally replied to his list!

Will post more after i finish reading the email lol
icon14.gif Re: Looking for Jack Schaeffer  [message #78352 is a reply to message #78253] Wed, 08 June 2022 14:03 Go to previous message

Getting started

Just to let everyone know Jacks posted a new chapter!  :]
Previous Topic: « Forever Saga» , a new chapter (number 95)
Next Topic: Email issues
Goto Forum: