A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Anybody know what happened to Billy Bratii
Anybody know what happened to Billy Bratii  [message #68734] Thu, 20 November 2014 02:30 Go to next message
ChrisR is currently offline  ChrisR

Likes it here

He has a great storyline going, or, rather, a dozen story threads, in his Trials and Tribulations. But it would appear he's vanished. Sort of like being in the theatre, seeing the film break and melt, and getting a refund at the door. Blecchh!
Re: Anybody know what happened to Billy Bratii  [message #68735 is a reply to message #68734] Thu, 20 November 2014 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I hope so. I Last heard from him in August 2013. Do email him and ask.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Anybody know what happened to Billy Bratii  [message #68994 is a reply to message #68734] Mon, 02 February 2015 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bisexualguy is currently offline  bisexualguy

Toe is in the water

Billy Bratii is now on www.gayauthors.org and writing as Billy Martin.  Chapter 21 on gayauthors.org ends at exactly where chapter 17 ends on IOmFATS. There are 26 chapters on gayauthors.org, and he says in the first chapter of the new story starting on GayAuthors.org called "The Field of Love" that he has writer's block on T&T, but that characters from T&T will show up in TFOL.  He is hoping writing on TFOL will break the block on T&T.

The URLs are as follows, then scroll down to get to the specific chapters on Gay Authors (GA):

http://www.gayauthors.org/story/billy-martin/trialsandtribul ations

and

http://www.gayauthors.org/story/billy-martin/thefieldoflove

Hopes this helps.
Re: Anybody know what happened to Billy Bratii  [message #68996 is a reply to message #68994] Mon, 02 February 2015 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

That site makes it remarkably hard to contact an author! I can't see how to do so at all. Any thoughts on how?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Anybody know what happened to Billy Bratii  [message #69002 is a reply to message #68996] Mon, 02 February 2015 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
timmy wrote on Mon, 02 February 2015 08:23That site makes it remarkably hard to contact an author! I can't see how to do so at all. Any thoughts on how?

--
He and I are in contact. He will be back here. He has to overcome some inner turmoil that is causing him a roadblock before he does.

Re: Anybody know what happened to Billy Bratii  [message #69008 is a reply to message #69002] Tue, 03 February 2015 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChrisR is currently offline  ChrisR

Likes it here

Thanks so very much, Bisexualguy and Timmy. I'm sorry to learn of his turmoil, but know he'll find a friendly reception for him here when he returns.
Re: Anybody know what happened to Billy Bratii  [message #78372 is a reply to message #69002] Thu, 04 August 2022 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tjw44 is currently offline  tjw44

Getting started

I see the messages about Billy, but they date back to early 2015 or before.  I loved his story, "Trials and Tribulations", but nearly 10 years later and I haven't see anything new.
Re: Anybody know what happened to Billy Bratii  [message #78373 is a reply to message #78372] Fri, 05 August 2022 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

"tjw44 wrote on Thu, 04 August 2022 15:54"
I see the messages about Billy, but they date back to early 2015 or before.  I loved his story, "Trials and Tribulations", but nearly 10 years later and I haven't see anything new.

--Billy Martin finally finished "Trials and Tribulations."  He also wrote eight chapters of "The Field of Love."  Both stories can be found on three sites -- gayauthors dot com  and  storylover dot us  and  CastleRoland dot net  -- and on rare times I have seen him online at Gay Authors.  When I am signed in at GA I can also see who else is online at GA.   On CastleRoland, he writes under the single name "Billy".
Re: Anybody know what happened to Billy Bratii  [message #78374 is a reply to message #78373] Sun, 07 August 2022 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tjw44 is currently offline  tjw44

Getting started

Thank you for that information.  I have started picking up where it ended in 2013.  I wouldn't have been able to know without your reply.

Thanks again.
icon14.gif Re: Anybody know what happened to Billy Bratii  [message #78375 is a reply to message #78373] Tue, 09 August 2022 14:20 Go to previous message
Geron Kees is currently offline  Geron Kees

Likes it here

BG, you are DEFINITELY a handy guy to have around! Smile
Previous Topic: Back-up
Next Topic: Crashing Bore
Goto Forum: