A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > a rent boy named
a rent boy named  [message #65794] Thu, 26 May 2011 20:08 Go to next message
Navyone is currently offline  Navyone

Likes it here

Anyone know what happened to thbis story?
Re: a rent boy named  [message #65795 is a reply to message #65794] Thu, 26 May 2011 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I'm going to guess that it fell foul of Wordpress's terms and conditions?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
According to "WordPress" the Blog "A Rent Boy Named" ...  [message #65814 is a reply to message #65794] Sun, 29 May 2011 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... was removed solely at the request of the Authors and not for any supposed, or perceived, violation of their Terms Of Service.

Until some statement is forthcoming from the Authors, everything else is going to be speculation.

I hadn't been following the saga for some months prior to my hospitalization last October, so I've been somewhat out of the loop as I never quite found the inclination to pick it up once more when I was again well enough early this year.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: a rent boy named  [message #68906 is a reply to message #65794] Sat, 17 January 2015 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inaya is currently offline  inaya

Getting started

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'

bunny
Re: a rent boy named  [message #68927 is a reply to message #68906] Wed, 21 January 2015 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Seeing that new user Inaya® resurrected this thread, subject to my aforementioned comments, I went looking for news about this story.

The first bit uncovered is that a goodly portion of the story has survived thanks in large part to the good folks at the Internet Wayback Machine which has archived bits 'n' pieces from three different web-sites consolidating them all under the last known URL for the serialized saga. These may be found here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20110512020155/http://arentboynamed.wordpress.com/

The second bit, dated 26th June 2011, was this found at another Gay Message Board where I'm too a member, and I reprint here:

>Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:26 PM

This is the authors official statement concerning the story.

Yes, I took RB down. Long story short... Some people who found the story decided that it is the cause of all evil in the world and have embarked on a crusade to vilify me. It's gone to extremes I never imagined possible with accusations and slander to the point of absurdity. I decided to remove the story to see if that would calm things down. I don't know at this point where things will end up, but I don't want RB readers to become additional targets for these peoples insanity either. I appreciate all of the readers and the RB community and it's with great sadness and anger that I had to disappoint so many good people. I hope that although I can't go into detail about what's going on, people will trust that I'm doing what I think is best for all.Cheers Tristan He also said it's OK to contact him at strangbrew1960@yahoo.com if you'd like to pass on you're thoughts and feelings?

A sad day in literary history <

The third bit, dated 3rd October 2014, located on a Forum I wouldn't have normally been known to frequent (web-searches do take us strange places people) follows:

>So what happened to Tristan? I don't know. Here is an excerpt from the final email he sent to me:

I like the edited version so much better. I think it has better rhythm and empathy. Since I may have to go underground for a while, I want you to have it for safe keeping in case I lose stuff into the great void. You've been a great help through times tougher than I've let on. I'm sick and have been for nearly a year. I have chronic depression and fibromyalgia. I'm in pain 24/7 and I'm living on 3 hours sleep on a good night. I'm weary and tired of fighting. I'm out of money and instead of waiting to be evicted I'm going to shed belongings, put my life in my pocket, and head out for who knows where.<

And, finally... drum-roll please!  I give you lastly, the bestest of the bestest, the mostest of the mostest, from a newly created web-site dated 16th January 2015:

All In A Row (The Boys of Sunset) ©

>Hello Old Friends And New...

Posted on January 16, 2015 by admin Welcome to "All In A Row" (The Boys of Sunset) ©. This is a novel that was known as "A Rent-Boy Named," or "RB" for short. This novel was posted on another blog until I took it down a few years ago. The story has been edited several times since it was last posted. Much thanks to G.M. for his help and patience with the editing.If you were a fan of the story, welcome back. I hope you'll give it a fresh read. Yes, there are new chapters written but I can't publish them before I publish the edited original chapters, so please be patient. If you are new to the story,  sit back and I'll tell you a tale...Start by clicking "Chapter One" on the right >>>Thanks T.S.<

I sincerely hope that this helps you Inaya®.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Tue, 27 January 2015 15:35]

Re: a rent boy named  [message #68958 is a reply to message #68927] Tue, 27 January 2015 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ricky is currently offline  Ricky

Toe is in the water

And I was just coming back to make sure it was noted here too.
It's great to have Tristen Back AND his story. He's using a computer that only half works and doing it all in wordpress as he has no word processor. I'll have him another computer in May when I get back from Rome so we can only hope it lasts until then. There are still some errors and I'm beta reading for him again but he will have to wait until he gets the new computer so he can make use of the review feature to make the changes. But even in it's current form it's incredible.

Wisdom does not come with age. It occurs because of it.
Re: a rent boy named  [message #68959 is a reply to message #68958] Tue, 27 January 2015 12:50 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I keep wondering about offering him a home for it here. Maybe those of you who know him would broach the subject with him. If I do I'll come over as a yaoi fangirl going 'Squeee!' Whatever he decides I'm easy with the outcome.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 January 2015 13:09]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: BFI's film Pride, 2014
Next Topic: Caption the pic...
Goto Forum: