A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > A Kind of Alchemy
A Kind of Alchemy  [message #66985] Sat, 08 September 2012 20:07 Go to next message
Stephen is currently offline  Stephen

Getting started

I don't know about what other readers think regarding this story,
since this seems to be a new topic, but this one tale has got me hooked.
There is all this suspense, and it is coiled like a tightly-wound spring.
Kudos to London Lampy for dropping us into this strangely familiar,
cruel, other world. Poor Sam!
Re: A Kind of Alchemy  [message #67118 is a reply to message #66985] Fri, 19 October 2012 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephen is currently offline  Stephen

Getting started

Now that it's finished, I'll miss this story. It surely kept me in suspense for the last few chapters while Sam
endured his imprisonment. I'm happy that it ended well, but I will miss it now that it's done. Thank you
London Lampy for the absorbing tale.
Re: A Kind of Alchemy  [message #67119 is a reply to message #67118] Fri, 19 October 2012 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

He weaves a rather good yarn, doesn't he Smile

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: A Kind of Alchemy  [message #67125 is a reply to message #66985] Sun, 21 October 2012 11:40 Go to previous message
Kitzyma is currently offline  Kitzyma

Likes it here

This is an excellent story, well-constructed, well-written, and with plenty of originality and invention. I started reading it yesterday afternoon and went on to Chapter 23 in one session, breaking only to attend to visitors. Today, I finished the rest of the story in one more session. Few stories have been able to engage and entertain me like that.

Anyway, I definitely recommend it.

Kit
Previous Topic: Chat Room by Kit
Next Topic: George
Goto Forum: