A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > ABOUT KINGDOM COME
ABOUT KINGDOM COME  [message #67210] Wed, 05 December 2012 16:04 Go to next message
Stephen is currently offline  Stephen

Getting started

I've read this story before, on another site I suppose (although I'd have sworn it was on
this one). Anyway, it was such a pleasant surprise to see it again that I read it over.
It is a truly fine story and reads even better the second time. Not all of them do.
This tale is a fine example of the writer's art. It is a coming of age story, a love story,
a murder mystery, and a critique on modern society. And more. If you haven't done so,
then read it!
Re: ABOUT KINGDOM COME  [message #67211 is a reply to message #67210] Wed, 05 December 2012 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

The story suffered from the length of our production queue, so had a considerable lead in time. The queue is never the right length, I fear. Too short and the site suffers from lack of material, too long and the delay is longer than we would like. Do, please, make sure you let the author know that you like his work.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: ABOUT KINGDOM COME  [message #67212 is a reply to message #67211] Wed, 05 December 2012 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

`Sigh.
If my reading list gets any longer, I'll need to book time at the end of my life. I doubt I'll have enough time as it is.
But go ahead and add to the list, I guess it never hurts to have something to do.

raysstories.com
Re: ABOUT KINGDOM COME  [message #67213 is a reply to message #67210] Thu, 06 December 2012 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dgt224 is currently offline  dgt224

Toe is in the water

"Stephen wrote on Wed, 05 December 2012 11:04"
I've read this story before, on another site I suppose ....

--
If you follow AwesomeDude.com, you probably read it there; it went up on that site early this fall, around the middle of September. And I'll second the suggestion that Kingdom Come is worth a read. Or more than one.

And on an almost unrelated note - what is the procedure here for reporting typographical errors in the stories? In taking a second look at Kingdom Come I happened across a misspelled word in chapter 3. Should those be reported? (And if so, to whom and how?) Ignored? (I can do that, although it is difficult. It's easier with stories I know I won't be coming back to, which is not the case here. Personality defect, I think. Or perhaps I was meant to be an editor [or a proofreader] and just missed my calling.)
Typos in stories  [message #67216 is a reply to message #67213] Thu, 06 December 2012 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

There are two methods, each of which are fine. The best is to use the email link from the author's name at the head of the relevant chapter and copy and paste the surrounding text and point out the typo. Authors retain responsibility for their stories at all tomes, which is why I say it is best. An effective method is to do the same task and send it to webmaster@iomfats.org. In either case we have to do the work, but I prefer to involve authors in the loop where possible. Sometimes what looks to you like a typo may be a literary stratagem.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Typos in stories  [message #67220 is a reply to message #67216] Thu, 06 December 2012 21:52 Go to previous message
dgt224 is currently offline  dgt224

Toe is in the water

Done - e-mail sent to Mihangel. In this case I'm pretty sure it's a real typo, but it's ultimately up to the author to make that decision, of course.
Previous Topic: Scholarship
Next Topic: Shades of Gray
Goto Forum: