A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Tapping
Tapping  [message #67355] Wed, 30 January 2013 14:40 Go to next message
samsone is currently offline  samsone

Getting started

I'm really enjoying this story by Kit. It feels really close to home being set in the county I was brought up in. If only my parents had forced me to live in a place like Prospect House.
Re: Tapping  [message #67356 is a reply to message #67355] Wed, 30 January 2013 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jolyon Lewes

Toe is in the water

Yes, I lived up near Alnwick when I was a boy. Lovely part of the world.

Hey, this story is really gripping! I was going to wait for the last chapter before making any comments but for now I'll just say that the mystery is enthralling me and I can't wait for the ending. I think having the story presented in serial form like this, with a new chapter every few days, makes it even more exciting.

Jolyon

Jolyon
Tapping Chap 9 by Kit  [message #67365 is a reply to message #67355] Mon, 04 February 2013 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rodney is currently offline  Rodney

Getting started

I realize (American spelling, there) others have already posted about this story but now that it is complete, I wanted to make a new post. Wow! Gripping, and engaging! This story deals with the very common reality of gay adolescents facing a slough of issues other kids don't have to even worry about (in addition to the myriad challenges that every teen has to worry about) but this story deals with this quite usual challenge in a very unusual way. I love how the writer, Kit, interwove two love stories and a ghost story to keep me spellbound (literally and figuratively). And please don't rule this out just because you don't care for "ghost stories" - I really don't go for ghost stories myself - but this one is different. What these boys are experiencing is intensely real.

Everyone has to "face their demons," but these two young men were grappling with their own demons and possibly real ghosts as well! It made me want to stand up and cheer as I saw their developing love for each other give them strength to face and overcome both their fears and real dangers.

This is not a story that is loaded full of erotica, although when it does appear it is intense. But far more intense for me than the sex is the developing love between two sensitive, caring, and totally engaging high school boys. Bravo to Kit. Awesome story!

Rod Morrison
Re: Tapping  [message #67368 is a reply to message #67356] Mon, 04 February 2013 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jolyon Lewes

Toe is in the water

Further to my last comment, I have now read the final chapter and it was as gripping as I'd hoped, with a dramatic conclusion in which most of the the many riddles, both temporal and supernatural, were solved. The reader is still left wondering about a couple of characters but a good story will always leave something to ponder. What stays most firmly in the memory, however, is the growing love between two unusual boys, beautifully portrayed by the author.

I was enchanted by this story from start to finish.

Jolyon

Jolyon
Re: Tapping  [message #67369 is a reply to message #67355] Mon, 04 February 2013 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We ought to learn to put the location of the story here, too.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Tapping  [message #67382 is a reply to message #67355] Tue, 05 February 2013 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
loftus is currently offline  loftus

Getting started

I totally agree with you - Tapping was a great story and I am sad that it has ended as I always looked forward to the next chapter.
My hat comes off to Kit for it fantastic writing and hope he will keep up.
Cheers to you and to all
Tim (the Canadian Tim)
Re: Tapping  [message #67390 is a reply to message #67355] Wed, 06 February 2013 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
solsticeman is currently offline  solsticeman

Likes it here

Absolutely right. Tapping is excellent, warm engaging and intriguing.
Re: Tapping  [message #67950 is a reply to message #67390] Thu, 29 August 2013 23:39 Go to previous message
Camy is currently offline  Camy

Likes it here

That is one terrific story! Razz

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: Music and Cats." - Albert Schweitzer

It's like Mad Max out here: guys doing guys, girls doing girls, girls turning into guys and doing girls that used to do girls and guys!
- from Alex Truelove
Previous Topic: Story submissions
Next Topic: Oh Radio, Tell Me Everything You Know
Goto Forum: