A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > What We are / Summer Heat - Richie Ryan
What We are / Summer Heat - Richie Ryan  [message #67437] Mon, 11 February 2013 13:58 Go to next message
paulj is currently offline  paulj

Likes it here

Hi I re-read both of these during the last week as was in bed with flu like cold. I really enjoyed the both of them again. So well written and both super tales... Richie Ryan is surely sadly missed.

Paul Jamison[/font-family][/font-size]

[Updated on: Mon, 11 February 2013 13:59]

Re: What We are / Summer Heat - Richie Ryan  [message #67439 is a reply to message #67437] Mon, 11 February 2013 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kitzyma is currently offline  Kitzyma

Likes it here

I totally agree.

Not only did Richie write wonderful stories, he was a lovely person.

WWA so impressed me that I contacted him and we exchanged several emails. When I first started writing (NAE) he was extremely encouraging and helpful, even editing some of my chapters. We stayed in occasional contact for several years.

Hearing of his death made me very sad.

Re: What We are / Summer Heat - Richie Ryan  [message #67440 is a reply to message #67439] Mon, 11 February 2013 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have now met, sometimes in person, several; rather good authors who have died. What one can say for sure is that their names, pen names, will live on.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: What We are / Summer Heat - Richie Ryan  [message #67461 is a reply to message #67437] Sat, 16 February 2013 03:04 Go to previous message
Rodney is currently offline  Rodney

Getting started

Paulj, thanks for reminding me of those two wonderful stories. Almost makes me wish I had the flu so I could re-read them. I'll always think the story needed to go on with a future for Richie and TJ. Anyway, thanks Pauj for reminding me of that wonderful story

Rod Morrison
Previous Topic: Fog on the Mersey by Jolyon Lewes
Next Topic: Lee Mariner
Goto Forum: