A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > So I'm new here...
So I'm new here...  [message #67876] Sun, 11 August 2013 19:24 Go to next message
TheStig is currently offline  TheStig

Getting started

I found GH's stories online one day in front of computer half drunk.  When I come back to them sober I realize why I was so taken by them when I was intoxicated.  After flicking through this forum, I can see that you guys seem sensible and a good bit like myself in many way.  Now, I know I'm American, but don't hold that against me.  I've always liked the sensibilities of the British peoples and that certainly rings true in many of the things that GH has written. 
The reason I decided that I'd come to this website is complicated.  I don't feel at home anywhere.  Very simply, I am loathed for what I am in this backward part of the country and even after leaving to go to school in the city, I've found I'm not the best at making friends or trusting people.  So I guess what I'm asking for is a friend.  Certainly easier to do this kind of stuff from behind a computer screen.
-Stiggums
Re: So I'm new here...  [message #67877 is a reply to message #67876] Sun, 11 August 2013 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

There are loads of different folk here. At least one of us is friend material. Only you and he can decide who that is Smile. We're a quiet community, no histrionics (much!) just good old straightforward folk who happen to be gay.

[Updated on: Sun, 11 August 2013 20:00]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: So I'm new here...  [message #67878 is a reply to message #67877] Sun, 11 August 2013 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

Well that's good to hear, some straightforwardness is something I could probably use!
Re: So I'm new here...  [message #67879 is a reply to message #67878] Sun, 11 August 2013 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I don't think it is you who are loathed. It's the bible belt problem of loathing ho-moe-seck-shuals while the pastor is unable to admit that he wants dick. So he preaches and rails against it wishing he could change.

You, I'll wager, are pretty ordinary, normal, healthy and just happen to be gay. They need to get over it, but they were raised to be pricks and bigots.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: So I'm new here...  [message #67882 is a reply to message #67879] Mon, 12 August 2013 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Welcome TheStig® to this small piece of the internet that goodly number of us misfits call home.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada
Re: So I'm new here...  [message #67883 is a reply to message #67882] Mon, 12 August 2013 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

Heh, thanks for the welcome! Misfits or not, you people seem quite alright =]  And yeah, I've gotten the whole, "Adam and Eve not Adam Steve" speech before.  And you are right, most of those people liked me just fine until word got out.
Re: So I'm new here...  [message #67884 is a reply to message #67883] Mon, 12 August 2013 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Quote:"
TheStig wrote on Mon, 12 August 2013 03:36Heh, thanks for the welcome! Misfits or not, you people seem quite alright =]  And yeah, I've gotten the whole, "Adam and Eve not Adam Steve" speech before.  And you are right, most of those people liked me just fine until word got out.

Don't you just love bullying by soundbite! They feel so smug and clever, but use of that type of silly little phrase shows that they are sheep. Me, in sorting the sheep from the goats I'd far rather be a goat. We goats are sure footed, eat pretty much anything, and aren't for ever finding new and unusual ways to die.

I have long suspected most folk's problems with gay men are centred on bottoms. Ever since we were potty trained we have been taught that bottoms are nasty, dirty, smelly, horrid things. And homosexual men seem to like playing with their own and other men's bottoms.

Odd, then, how they haven't noticed how close, anatomically, the anus is to the vagina. Odd how a penis, attempting to enter a vagina often knocks on the back door. Sometimes it's even allowed in! Amusing how, when performing cunnilingus, there is often a waft of poo from close by when feminine hygiene is imperfect. Amusing how doggy style vaginal penetration gives a most excellent view of the female anus, that taboo place on men.

And, if anal sex is the issue, it's amazing how many 100% heterosexual men (ha!) enjoy prostate stimulation and whose partners, female partners, will stimulate manually, or with toys.

So you've been hectored by frauds using soundbites, and, of course, by the pastors who really want dick, and want it now!

[Updated on: Mon, 12 August 2013 07:56]

Re: So I'm new here...  [message #67885 is a reply to message #67876] Mon, 12 August 2013 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael-Kent Dobison is currently offline  Michael-Kent Dobison

Likes it here

Welcome Stiggums Wink

Always nice to 'see' a new face and embrace a new opinion Smile We were all new here once and like Warren said we mostly call it home now. 
  • Nuestra casa es su casa Smile

Keep it real and chat soon - Michael

"And so the lion fell in love with the Lamb"
"What a stupid Lamb"
"What a sick, masochistic lion"
Re: So I'm new here...  [message #67886 is a reply to message #67884] Mon, 12 August 2013 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

It's interesting how large a role socialization plays in our sexual practices and our (and others') perception of them.  It creates so many double standards and hypocritical notions.  And thanks for the warm welcome
Michael, nice to talk to friendly people who don't mind the weirdo that I am 8]
Re: So I'm new here...  [message #67895 is a reply to message #67886] Tue, 13 August 2013 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

Wow, yay, another Yank.
Welcome.
I've hung out here probably longer than about any other such site. It's quiet by comparison to many, and I like that. It's not full of crap and crud and random tripe.

raysstories.com
Re: So I'm new here...  [message #67896 is a reply to message #67895] Tue, 13 August 2013 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
Smokr wrote on Tue, 13 August 2013 21:20Wow, yay, another Yank.
Welcome.
I've hung out here probably longer than about any other such site. It's quiet by comparison to many, and I like that. It's not full of crap and crud and random tripe.

--We've been through some weird periods here, though. This is the quietest I've known it. It feels as if gay teenagers are better served in general nowadays, and fewer come here for help.

I've always discouraged silly sycophancy, there's enough of that on other boards. We also tend to discuss topics that others find undiscussable. I was told years ago on another board "We have KIDS here, keep the topics PG!" and I thought that was rather mealy mouthed and odd.

Re: So I'm new here...  [message #67898 is a reply to message #67896] Wed, 14 August 2013 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

Heh, I a can't talk about that kind of stuff on the internet, where can you?  And yes, I am a Yank, too entirely proud of that I might also offer.  But hey not all teens, have someone to talk to.  Shit that's why I found myself here.  Actually, you can really blame Grasshopper.  Hit Send... quite a good one.  I'm not a teenager anymore, but only barely heh.  College has certainly helped me grow up a good bit, but we're only as old as we feel right?
Re: So I'm new here...  [message #67998 is a reply to message #67876] Thu, 19 September 2013 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
subtleknife666 is currently offline  subtleknife666

Getting started

So I'm new here too. Only just registered. Feeling a little insecure, I don't usually take part in online forums.  :-)
Re: So I'm new here...  [message #67999 is a reply to message #67998] Thu, 19 September 2013 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
subtleknife666 wrote on Thu, 19 September 2013 16:36So I'm new here too. Only just registered. Feeling a little insecure, I don't usually take part in online forums.  :-)

--Brighton, eh? I like Brighton. Is The Regency Tavern still the campest pub in Brighton despite not being a gay bar?

Re: So I'm new here...  [message #68000 is a reply to message #67999] Thu, 19 September 2013 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

No idea, mate! I'm not a native Brightonian -- originally from south-west London -- and I'm not "out", so I'm the wrong person to ask! Sorry.  :-D
Re: So I'm new here...  [message #68001 is a reply to message #67999] Thu, 19 September 2013 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

P.S. I like Brighton too. I love the diversity and the tolerance; you can basically be whoever the hell you want, and nobody minds. I love the fact that Brighton is full of students, foreigners, foreign students, long-haired people, vegetarians and last but not least the LGBT community. The Brighton Pride parade is just the best!

My best mate's been living here since 1974, so I'd certainly been here enough times before I came back to the UK and decided to come and live here. Obviously the above factors are all related to each other.
Re: So I'm new here...  [message #68002 is a reply to message #68000] Thu, 19 September 2013 16:22 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
subtleknife666 wrote on Thu, 19 September 2013 16:58No idea, mate! I'm not a native Brightonian -- originally from south-west London -- and I'm not "out", so I'm the wrong person to ask! Sorry.  :-D

Being out isn't compulsory Smile But do go and find the pub. It's at the top of Regency Square. Last time I was there the gents had a mirrorball in it!

Previous Topic: Final Fantasy?
Next Topic: The Equinox
Goto Forum: