A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Kiwi is not well
icon13.gif Kiwi is not well  [message #67914] Wed, 21 August 2013 20:19 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I mean not at all well. He just sent me an email telling me he has been told by his doctor that he may not make it through a bout of flu because he has other respiratory problems and the flu is killing him.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Kiwi is not well  [message #67916 is a reply to message #67914] Thu, 22 August 2013 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Oh dear.  Kiwi, I can't speak enough about the enduring contribution that you have made here at A Place Of Safety.  Hopefully you will be able to continue doing so.  Your cheerfulness, wit and all-round common sense has made for many a bright spot in what might have otherwise been a dreary and unsatisfactory day.

As a survivor of open-heart surgery where I had no expectation of being able to, I sincerely believe that miracles can, and do, happen.  I undertook the surgery nearly three years ago knowing that I was going to die on the operating table; but, I did awaken, not without its' other complications mind you, and I fully expect to be around for a goodly while yet.

Kiwi, you have my most heartfelt best wishes for your full recovery, and I sincerely hope you'll be up and around and joining us here once again in the very near future.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Thu, 22 August 2013 11:08]

Re: Kiwi is not well  [message #67917 is a reply to message #67916] Thu, 22 August 2013 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Email him. Good thoughts need to reach him. He is beset by serious ill health. canned-heat@hotmail.com will reach him.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Kiwi is not well  [message #67928 is a reply to message #67917] Sun, 25 August 2013 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

Thanks you for letting us know Timmy.
Prove the docs mistaken, Kiwi. It's been done before!

[Updated on: Sun, 25 August 2013 03:12]

raysstories.com
Re: Kiwi is much better now! :)  [message #67946 is a reply to message #67928] Wed, 28 August 2013 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Hey Guys, I'm up & about and don't think the world's seen the last of me yet Smile

I tried to send a 'form' letter to all those who wrote, but the mailerdaemon wouldn't post to some addresses, so i'll repeat it here -
Sorry that i'm not up to more than a 'form letter' which i am not a fan of but, at the moment, this is about all i'm up to. I've been really ill, still feeling very tired and washed-out, but it's getting better, little by little & day by day I won't be running in any marathons, but I'm pretty sure that my story is not over yet!Thanks for the messages of good-wishes and support. Every one was very much appreciated and gave me a lift when i needed it. It's humbling to think that so many people wished me well Thank you.Keep smiling! Cheers, 'kiwi'

Re: Kiwi is much better now! :)  [message #67947 is a reply to message #67946] Thu, 29 August 2013 09:46 Go to previous message
axelsrod is currently offline  axelsrod

Getting started

Kiwi, So happy to hear you are doing better. We all wish you a speedy recovery so that you can get back to creating those wonderful stories with such interesting characters. I've been hooked on your writing from the beginning and hope to see more when you are up to it! Best wishes, Axel.
Previous Topic: Acroposthion
Next Topic: A MUST READ!
Goto Forum: