A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > It's been a long, long time....
It's been a long, long time....  [message #67918] Fri, 23 August 2013 21:18 Go to next message
Josh is currently offline  Josh

On fire!

Hello everyone..

Gosh it's been a really long time. I apologize for being away for so very long. But I hope you're all doing alright. And that you're all safe, and happy. Yes, I still love Chris and Nigel. It's one of my favourite stories that I've ever read.
I'm really sorry, but I wanted to come back, so I hope that's okay.
If you want to message me, feel free.

I hope you're all alright.
Take care and stay safe.

~Josh~
Re: It's been a long, long time....  [message #67922 is a reply to message #67918] Fri, 23 August 2013 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Hi Josh!

Welcome back.  Glad you still love me.  Don't know about Chris.  He hasn't been around for a bit.

Hugs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: It's been a long, long time....  [message #67923 is a reply to message #67918] Fri, 23 August 2013 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

What I was going to suggest is that your poems should go in the Literary Merit forum, and we keep this one for 'stuff'. So I'm goong to migrate them. Welcome back by the way

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: It's been a long, long time....  [message #67924 is a reply to message #67923] Fri, 23 August 2013 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Thanks Timmy. And thanks also. I'll put my poems there from now on. Smile

~Josh~
Re: It's been a long, long time....  [message #67929 is a reply to message #67924] Sun, 25 August 2013 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Josh wrote on Sat, 24 August 2013 00:20"
Thanks Timmy. And thanks also. I'll put my poems there from now on. Smile

~Josh~

--The thing about poems, Josh, is that they can become all consuming. Neither forum is really intended for vanity publishing of poems. However I do know they are therapeutic for you and help to express some inner pain. One day I hope you will be able to verbalise that pain in a message to us that is not a poem but us what you want us to help with.

In the meantime I have compressed your poetry into a single thread. I hope you will simply add to the foot of it

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: It's been a long, long time....  [message #67932 is a reply to message #67929] Sun, 25 August 2013 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Alright.
Thank you.

~Josh~
Re: It's been a long, long time....  [message #67934 is a reply to message #67918] Sun, 25 August 2013 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kitzyma is currently offline  Kitzyma

Likes it here

Hi Josh,

To be honest, I've not read any of the poems, mainly because I just don't like poetry of any kind, not even the famous ones we were forced to study in school. Maybe those poetry studies in school acted as a form of aversion therapy. Maybe it's just that I'm uncultured, but I find that reading poetry just takes too much time and effort.

As Timmy said, writing poetry can be very therapeutic, but I'm not sure that a therapeutic poem will always mean as much to others as it does to the writer.

If you want to express your feelings to others in a forum like this and maybe get helpful feedback then I think you'll get many more readers and a much better response with a prose posting. There are many people on this forum, including myself, who would gladly read whatever you post in prose and give whatever feedback and/or help we can. If you're in pain, we will offer comfort. If you're confused we'll offer thoughts that might help. If you just want to blow off steam, we'll offer a friendly ear and maybe a few of our opinions.

If you wish to write to me directly about anything at all, I'd be happy to hear from you - as long as you write to me in prose!  Smile

Best wishes,

Kit
Re: It's been a long, long time....  [message #67935 is a reply to message #67934] Sun, 25 August 2013 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

On fire!

Thank you Kit. I've been writing poems for a long time. But I also respect others, and their opinions as well.
Thank you very much. I don't mind writing in prose as well. Smile

Thank you. And take care.

~Josh~
Re: It's been a long, long time....  [message #67940 is a reply to message #67935] Tue, 27 August 2013 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JoeWriterMan is currently offline  JoeWriterMan

Getting started

Just bouncing in long enough to say "Hey Josh!"

Joe
Re: It's been a long, long time....  [message #67952 is a reply to message #67940] Sat, 31 August 2013 00:11 Go to previous message

On fire!

Hi Joe. Smile
Previous Topic: A MUST READ!
Next Topic: There's some sick bastards out there!
Goto Forum: