A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Hairy and drop dead gorgeous
Hairy and drop dead gorgeous  [message #68044] Mon, 14 October 2013 15:36 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Over at http://milkboys.org/sexytimes-sunday-26/ I've accidentally hijacked a thread. 

As a kid I was a hairy blond teen. I never worried whether the object of my desires was hairy or smooth, but I'm increasingly pissed off that we hairy blokes are deemed to be second class gay citizens in the desirability stakes.

[Updated on: Mon, 14 October 2013 15:37]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Hairy and drop dead gorgeous  [message #68045 is a reply to message #68044] Mon, 14 October 2013 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kitzyma is currently offline  Kitzyma

Likes it here

It's probably impossible to tell how much of the criteria of "gorgeousness" is innate preference and how much is learned preference absorbed from what society takes as fashionable while we're growing up. If there is a bias towards smoothness being considered more gorgeous than hairy it may be as much cultural as innate preference.

In one decade short hair is deemed more attractive, in another it's long hair. In one decade droopy mustaches are fashionable and in another decade it's designer stubble. Sometimes thin is preferred to chubby and a few years later it's the other way round. Once a pale face was beautiful and then a tan was deemed more attractive. There was a time when the wisdom of age was deemed more valuable than the callowness of youth, but then a time came when youthfulness was worshipped for its own sake.

Fashion is as transient as the youthfulness that is fashionable, and there are always some like me who choose to ignore fashion.
Re: Hairy and drop dead gorgeous  [message #68046 is a reply to message #68045] Mon, 14 October 2013 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

It gets worse! I've been assured that hairy men are attractive provided they put a bit of muscle on! It seems I also have to accept the concept that the only hairy guys who are alleged to be attractive are 'bears', a term I am starting to despise. It seems I have to be a huge, muscly grizzly before I get to feel attractive.

Now that is pissing me off, bigtime. It's the same unpleasant discrimination that redheaded boys suffer. I refuse to feel unattractive, but, just sometimes, the culture of smoothness upsets me.

Now there are body places I prefer to be hair free. I find the anus better hygiene-wise, without hair, and I prefer a shorn scrotum. But this is a matter of grooming, and of agreement between partners.

I am an equal opportunity gay man. I like attractive folk, not hairy or smooth folk. I get attracted to the face first. The rest is simply an attribute of the person whose face it is. If it's hairy, then it's hairy. If it needs a bit of topiary, so be it, lets get out the clippers.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Hairy and drop dead gorgeous  [message #68063 is a reply to message #68046] Sun, 20 October 2013 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

LMAO
It's a matter of taste, I can understand that, but seeing it as a 'general fact' is bizarre.
I've never been attracted to hairy men with dark hair, don't know why, but hairy blond guys, oh yeah.
Jeff was a very good friend in 9-12 grades, and I was always attracted to him in some degree or another. At first he was small and of course hairless, but as he shot up and out, and got very hairy, there was no loss of attraction, only loss of attraction to his personality as he tried to be someone I didn't like. Even today he is nearly stunning to me, though he is tall, broad, overweight, and quite hairy. And he's dropped the macho, tough-guy act since he met and married his wife. His sweet and soft side is back and I thank her profusely for returning the loveable Jeff to himself. I'm sure he would qualifies as a hairy bear daddy. No problem here with that!
And other guys were/are hairy and blond, or even sandy or medium-brown and hairy, and I like that. But for some reason I'm generally turned off by hairy, black-haired men of any age or stature.
*shrug*
And I don't mean only the chest. Jeff was hairy all over by graduation. Legs, arms, chest, jaw, he even had a nearly full mustache, and the one quick glance I got of his backside in senior year was more than just fuzzy. And I saw nothing I didn't like.
I don't know where my thing about hairy men with black hair comes/came from, but even some hair on a man with very dark hair is just... almost ewww. I wish I could be more politic about it, but my preferences are my preferences.  But Tom Selleck and Robin Williams have never done it for me.

[Updated on: Sun, 20 October 2013 19:40]

raysstories.com
Re: Hairy and drop dead gorgeous  [message #68064 is a reply to message #68063] Sun, 20 October 2013 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I only like Williams as Mrs Doubtfire! 

I like what I like, too. Both my major school fantasy boys were furry blonds. Bizarrely the one I obsessed over had black pubes and very dark leg hair! Dark hairy blokes never did it for me, and still don;t, but I'm pretty sure that if I fell for the face and the clothed bloke I'd adore the naked fluffy one, too.

Re: Hairy and drop dead gorgeous  [message #68074 is a reply to message #68044] Tue, 29 October 2013 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Banister is currently offline  Banister

Getting started

I'm a hairy blond as well and have always been attracted to other hairy guys. This whole thing about shaving and "boy-barbering" is crazy.
Re: Hairy and drop dead gorgeous  [message #68077 is a reply to message #68074] Tue, 29 October 2013 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Banister wrote on Tue, 29 October 2013 12:38"
I'm a hairy blond as well and have always been attracted to other hairy guys. This whole thing about shaving and "boy-barbering" is crazy.

--
I'm in absolute agreement with you. Grooming what one has is far better than wishing that one has it not.

Re: Hairy and drop dead gorgeous  [message #68078 is a reply to message #68077] Wed, 30 October 2013 00:06 Go to previous message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

It almost angers me when I see a redhead shaved clean downstairs. It's bad enough to see a guy do that, but one with beautiful red hair? Insane.

raysstories.com
Previous Topic: Eldon and Jon?
Next Topic: New Postings
Goto Forum: