A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Uganda: Finally some traction where none had previously been seen to be forthcoming.
Uganda: Finally some traction where none had previously been seen to be forthcoming.  [message #68290] Tue, 28 January 2014 14:19 Go to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Ugandan President tells angry MPs: People are born gay just like albinos

Admittedly it's not much; but, in an environment where nothing appeared to be changing at all, President Yoweri Museveni's refusal to sign into Law the Uganda Parliament's recently passed anti-gay bill seemed almost earth-shattering.  Perhaps the veil has been lifted and we'll learn why he's taken the stance he has.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Tue, 28 January 2014 14:19]

Re: Uganda: Finally some traction where none had previously been seen to be forthcoming.  [message #68293 is a reply to message #68290] Tue, 28 January 2014 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

So far this news seems to have missed us here. Can you give us a link to a news story please?

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Uganda: Finally some traction where none had previously been seen to be forthcoming.  [message #68294 is a reply to message #68293] Tue, 28 January 2014 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

In addition to the aforementioned article in The Pink News, I give you:

Ugandan President vetos anti-gay bill

Uganda president blocks controversial Anti-Homosexuality Bill

Uganda president won't sign anti-gay law without proof gays are not born that way

Museveni sets terms for signing gay bill

[Updated on: Tue, 28 January 2014 20:40]

Re: Uganda: Finally some traction where none had previously been seen to be forthcoming.  [message #68295 is a reply to message #68294] Tue, 28 January 2014 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

My fault for not reading your initial post well enough :blush:, but the additional links are interesting.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Uganda: Finally some traction where none had previously been seen to be forthcoming.  [message #68344 is a reply to message #68295] Wed, 26 February 2014 18:16 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

The fucking tinpot African nation has signed its abusive law into reality.

So, don't go to Uganda.

Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about the poor LGBT Ugandans who have to live under this vile régime. However, it used to be the same here in the UK, too, before we realised that civilisation was required.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 February 2014 18:17]

Previous Topic: Outage
Next Topic: Being a Boy is a wonderful state
Goto Forum: