A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > I simply don't know how I missed this the first time around...
I simply don't know how I missed this the first time around...  [message #68709] Mon, 10 November 2014 19:24 Go to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

probably because I don't recall ever following the television programme from which it has been excerpted¹.

Remarkable MUST VIEW content, beginning at about the 04:40 minute mark; absolutely riveting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q49NOyJ8fNA

<Leslie White comments at YouTube: I don't know who wrote that speech, but why aren't Americans electing the guy instead of the moral deadheads they currently throw out.>

I couldn't agree more.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

Appendix:

The Newsroom, 2012, Series One, Episode One.  ©2012 Home Box Office, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Original Air-date: 2012.0.24

[Updated on: Mon, 10 November 2014 19:38]

Re: I simply don't know how I missed this the first time around...  [message #68710 is a reply to message #68709] Tue, 11 November 2014 01:27 Go to previous message
ChrisR is currently offline  ChrisR

Likes it here

Very good program, yes. And when the writers all get together and spend weeks putting words into an actor's mouth they can do wonderful things. Check out Aaron Sorkin's work in The West Wing or The American President. Witty, insightful, grating, impassioned - whatever the scene calls for, it's spot on. But life isn't scripted.

As a rule, politicians don't have the chance to prepare, rehearse and deliver the perfect line. Now and then comes one of those moments, of course. ("Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy!" comes to mind.) And it's not just American politicians who spend their lives opening their mouths simply to change feet.

Be that as it may, I'm not here to pick a fight. So I'll go so far as to concede that the Unites States is the worst country in the world. Except for all the others.

On that note, Happy Veterans' Day!
Previous Topic: Ashley, our friend from another place reminds me...
Next Topic: Hello. again... Hi.
Goto Forum: