A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Finally....
Finally....  [message #69113] Mon, 23 February 2015 03:02 Go to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

A gay male couple on Walking Dead. And a cute couple, too.
I'm sure images will be available online soon.
And they've already kissed, rather deeply, onscreen.
Arron, played by Ross Marquand and the cute twinky Eric played by Jordan Woods-Robinson. A ginger! Yay! Apparently Jordan is straight in real life, however. Damn. I'm not sure about Ross, I didn't find much about him dating anyone either way.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 February 2015 04:02]

raysstories.com
Re: Finally....  [message #69114 is a reply to message #69113] Mon, 23 February 2015 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChrisR is currently offline  ChrisR

Likes it here

Careful there, Smokr, or they'll sic Tim Minchin on ye!
Re: Finally....  [message #69115 is a reply to message #69114] Mon, 23 February 2015 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
ChrisR wrote on Mon, 23 February 2015 07:17Careful there, Smokr, or they'll sic Tim Minchin on ye!

--

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Finally....  [message #69116 is a reply to message #69115] Mon, 23 February 2015 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Somehow, that anyone would have happened to pen a song about that particular word and it's usage, when and by whom, I simply find offensive in the extreme.

Ironic really given that I live in a country where a book entitled THE BOOK OF NEGROES is recently published without thought, or comment, because the word in our society (Canada) today is still not considered to be pejorative if used correctly within in the context of genealogy, and a television series by the same name is produced by our national broadcasting corporation. Ironic further that the multi-award winning manuscript could only be published in Australia, New Zealand and The United States (2007) under the title SOMEONE KNOWS MY NAME, and the television series will be accordingly.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 February 2015 22:43]

Re: Finally....  [message #69117 is a reply to message #69116] Mon, 23 February 2015 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
solsticeman is currently offline  solsticeman

Likes it here

Bearing in mind where the Caucasus Mountains are, and the repressive views held in that region, I find it pretty unacceptable to be referred to as caucasian or caucasoid. In fact bearing in mind the small fortune that we spend on acquiring a tan I think that white is pretty pejorative, implying as it does that one is too poor to follow the sun.
Re: Finally....  [message #69120 is a reply to message #69114] Mon, 23 February 2015 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

"Quote:"
ChrisR wrote on Mon, 23 February 2015 02:17Careful there, Smokr, or they'll sic Tim Minchin on ye!

--
Out of his makeup, Tim is an okay looking guy. He can be funny as hell, and I like that he plays the keys. Bring him on! When I'm done with him, he'll have a few new songs to sing!
But Ross, and especially Jordan, are far hotter.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 February 2015 15:39]

raysstories.com
Re: Finally....  [message #69121 is a reply to message #69117] Mon, 23 February 2015 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

Being the "Solsticeman" you should be getting all the sun you can take!

As for me, I fell off a turnip truck into a sloping cabbage patch and it's been downhill ever since.
Re: Finally....  [message #69123 is a reply to message #69116] Mon, 23 February 2015 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"The Gay Deceiver wrote on Mon, 23 February 2015 09:03"
Somehow, that anyone would have happened to pen a song about that particular word and it's usage, when and by whom, I simply find offensive in the extreme.

Ironic really given that I live in a country where a book entitled THE BOOK OF NEGROES is recently published without thought, or comment, because the word in our society (Canada) today is still not considered to be pejorative if used correctly within in the context of genealogy, and a television series by the same name is produced by our national broadcasting corporation. Ironic further that the multi-award winning manuscript could only be published in Australia, New Zealand and The United States (2007) under the title SOMEONE KNOWS MY NAME, and the television series will be accordingly.

--
I have rarely (never?) seen a red haired person with dark skin, and never a red haired, naturally red haired, person who could be referred to as a Negro. Usually the pigmentation is a delightfully pale, alabaster, often with freckles. My best friend when I was 11 and 12 would have been teased today for his hair colour, bullied, too. It suddenly became the vogue to pillory red haired boys, but somehow not red haired girls.

I suspect, while The Book_of_Negroes makes an interesting discussion, that there is a different irony at work here

[Updated on: Mon, 23 February 2015 22:44] by Moderator

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
More prejudice  [message #69126 is a reply to message #69123] Mon, 23 February 2015 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

This seems worth adding here

Re: Finally....  [message #69127 is a reply to message #69115] Tue, 24 February 2015 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Likes it here

(My thanks for the technical support!)
Re: Finally....  [message #69128 is a reply to message #69120] Tue, 24 February 2015 00:46 Go to previous message

Likes it here

I love Minchin's skill with the keyboard AND his ability to keep all those words straight as he plunges along at Mach 5. He definitely pushes the envelope with his words, but that's a lot of his point. Words CAN kill. And sometimes we can use reminding that it's up to ourselves to let words hurt us or not.

I suspect my granddad punched out more than one person for calling him a "dumb mick". I just say, "Damned right. Pass another brew."
Previous Topic: Collar and cuffs!
Next Topic: Look! LGBT folk are just folk
Goto Forum: