A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Howdy!
Howdy!  [message #69234] Mon, 09 March 2015 03:15 Go to next message
Mark

Likes it here

I've been a "lurker" around here for a couple of years, but figured I'd get around to introducing myself.

My name is Mark Friedman.  Currently, I have one short story up on the site (posted back in 2013, titled "The Immortal" - basically it's what I call a sort of psuedo-fanfic story based on the "Highlander" franchise); I also have a multi-chapter story (in the fantasy genre) currently in the queue, titled "An Apprentice's Adventures" (I don't know if I quite dare say that it's "different" than most of the other stories around here; I suppose that I can say that it's something that I'd consider interesting and that I'd like if I was one of its readers and not the author).

Anyway, hi, everyone!
Re: Howdy!  [message #69238 is a reply to message #69234] Mon, 09 March 2015 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Arrrrghhhhhhhh!!!!! Obviously the ball was dropped. I keep all submissions in my email account to ensure I lose none for events just such as this. All I can say is that, somehow, your story was not added to the queue when it arrived, nor was it in the stockpile that had been converted and not queued when the queue was handed back to me. And I checked back in my email for a year, thinking that would be sufficient.

Accidents happen in the best regulated families. I am deeply sorry that An Apprentice's Adventures had slipped through the cracks. It is not for any reason other than accident. I wish you had become impatient before now in order that I may feel less upset by missing it completely. I adore the story.

I have run it immediately.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Howdy!  [message #69241 is a reply to message #69238] Mon, 09 March 2015 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Wow!
Re: Howdy!  [message #69252 is a reply to message #69234] Tue, 10 March 2015 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ancient_richard is currently offline  ancient_richard

Getting started

"Mark wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 03:15"
I've been a "lurker" around here for a couple of years, but figured I'd get around to introducing myself.

My name is Mark Friedman.  Currently, I have one short story up on the site (posted back in 2013, titled "The Immortal" - basically it's what I call a sort of psuedo-fanfic story based on the "Highlander" franchise); I also have a multi-chapter story (in the fantasy genre) currently in the queue, titled "An Apprentice's Adventures" (I don't know if I quite dare say that it's "different" than most of the other stories around here; I suppose that I can say that it's something that I'd consider interesting and that I'd like if I was one of its readers and not the author).

Anyway, hi, everyone!

--
It's good to hear from you, and thank you very much for "An Apprentice's Adventures" . I enjoyed the first chapter and look forward to the others.

richard
Re: Howdy!  [message #69253 is a reply to message #69252] Tue, 10 March 2015 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

Hi Mark!

raysstories.com
Re: Howdy!  [message #69260 is a reply to message #69238] Wed, 11 March 2015 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

Quote:
timmy wrote on Mon, 09 March 2015 07:51Accidents happen in the best regulated families. I am deeply sorry that An Apprentice's Adventures had slipped through the cracks. It is not for any reason other than accident. I wish you had become impatient before now in order that I may feel less upset by missing it completely. I adore the story.

--

I very much accept your apology. 8) I do realize there were things that were beyond your control, and you have certainly been doing an admirable job of trying to get the queue back down to a manageable level in the first place (I'm ADHD myself, and honestly I'm one of those people who'd forget their own head half the time if it wasn't attached firmly to their neck, so I'm not one to throw the proverbial first stone).

I'm now looking forward to seeing if everybody else finds the story as fascinating as you and I do. :d
Re: Howdy!  [message #69262 is a reply to message #69260] Wed, 11 March 2015 22:48 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I think the queue is far more... Oh look, a squirrel!

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Are there really more?
Next Topic: Welcome "Ancient Richard®"
Goto Forum: