A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Is there a gap in the list of authors ?
Is there a gap in the list of authors ?  [message #69280] Sat, 14 March 2015 11:21 Go to next message
ancient_richard is currently offline  ancient_richard

Getting started

I tried to find 'George Gauthier' in the list and couldn't. Is it missing, or is this just one of the occasional malfunctions of my aging brain ?

richard
Re: Is there a gap in the list of authors ?  [message #69282 is a reply to message #69280] Sat, 14 March 2015 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

When this happens it is often a local cache issue. Refresh your browser and he will appear, as if by magic, just above Grasshopper

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Is there a gap in the list of authors ?  [message #69284 is a reply to message #69282] Sat, 14 March 2015 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

thank you; Google was being difficult, but I finally achieved magic by keying in:

http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/george-gauthier/

richard
Re: Is there a gap in the list of authors ?  [message #69285 is a reply to message #69284] Sat, 14 March 2015 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
ancient_richard wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 18:21thank you; Google was being difficult, but I finally achieved magic by keying in:

http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/george-gauthier/

--
Which worked very well indeed, but I am a little lost about Google's involvement?

Our site search (not the forum search) is Google powered, and George arrived on the site on Friday so Google will not yet have indexed his pages, despite our sending a sitemap to them daily.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Is there a gap in the list of authors ?  [message #69292 is a reply to message #69285] Sun, 15 March 2015 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

Quote:
timmy wrote on Sat, 14 March 2015 18:35--
Which worked very well indeed, but I am a little lost about Google's involvement?

--I should have said Google Chrome, which was reluctant to refresh itself until I forced the issue by keying in the filename. However, I won in the end Smile

richard
Re: Is there a gap in the list of authors ?  [message #69295 is a reply to message #69292] Sun, 15 March 2015 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I used to use Chrome when I suffered under Micro$oft. Next time try ctrl/refresh or ctrl/F5. 

Have a look at Wikipedia:Bypass your cache for more information

Re: Is there a gap in the list of authors ?  [message #69297 is a reply to message #69295] Mon, 16 March 2015 09:47 Go to previous message

Getting started

Many thanks for the information; I didn't know about that.

richard
Previous Topic: Welcome "Ancient Richard®"
Next Topic: The Universal Gay Body Type
Goto Forum: