A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > AZ Story Guy's "Never Forget,"
AZ Story Guy's "Never Forget,"   [message #69874] Sat, 04 July 2015 00:39 Go to next message
larkin is currently offline  larkin

Toe is in the water

AZ Story Guy,

I've read your first two chapters of "Never Forget" I can tell that there is more to come so it would not be fair for me to launch a critique on an unfinished work.

I did read the "prescript" where the author explains his methods to the reader.  Although not serious, it comes off as a bit of a spoiler.  I would opt for trusting your readers and if they don't get it, consider some restructuring or a literary device to clue them in.  If the story requires ambiguity, the loose ends might be dealt with in a postscript.

What I see happening here is something more that run of the mill flash-backs.  I am reminded of Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five where time is fluid.   The main character is searching for himself.

I generally look for the positive and I especially like the diamond in the rough.  I also don't give a shit about spelling errors.

So AZ Story Guy, I like what you have so far. 

Lark
Re: AZ Story Guy's "Never Forget,"   [message #69875 is a reply to message #69874] Sat, 04 July 2015 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ChrisR is currently offline  ChrisR

Likes it here

Wholeheartedly agree! This is quite a story thus far, and based on a nice twist. Seems like no sooner do I figure that every story that *can* be told *has been* told, some new word knight comes down the tilt to knock me off my steed.

Nice job, AZStoryGuy. I'm looking forward to the remaining pieces of the puzzle.
Re: AZ Story Guy's "Never Forget,"   [message #69881 is a reply to message #69875] Sun, 05 July 2015 09:02 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

He said he had only one story in him. He was mistaken. Please encourage him to write more

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Dennis Cooper
Next Topic: Another new author
Goto Forum: