A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Not quite inspirational
Not quite inspirational  [message #70157] Thu, 27 August 2015 04:35 Go to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

How about a topic for images you find that make you just go... WTF?

http://forum.iomfats.org/?t=getfile&id=2072&private=0
  • Attachment: wtf.jpg
    (Size: 128.27KB, Downloaded 1207 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 13 October 2015 01:52] by Moderator

raysstories.com
Re: Not quite inspirational  [message #70158 is a reply to message #70157] Thu, 27 August 2015 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

You have brought back memories of a Wang UK Sales Kickoff. It was in the days of 35mm slides and the slide had a cartoon outline of just such a baton handover. It was a several slide sequence

1. Baton held by rear man, but closer to his body so it looked exactly like a massive erection close to the front man;s backside, with the words "Gets ready to pass the baton"
  2. Front man reaches back and grasps the baton, as if guiding it in "Reaches back and grasps the baton" Sniggers were well under way as we clicked to the final slide
  3. "And spurts for the finish!" At which a 10 minute hysteria started.
    The UK Sales Manager speaking these lines along with the slides faltered, got flustered and told us all to grow up by shouting at us all. It strikes me as a sublime irony that his surname was Pipe.

[Updated on: Thu, 27 August 2015 12:32]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Not quite inspirational  [message #70164 is a reply to message #70157] Sat, 29 August 2015 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

Oh my! Smile
Re: Not quite inspirational  [message #70168 is a reply to message #70164] Sun, 30 August 2015 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

Sometimes, it's the way that people interact with things that gives rise to the merriment!  When I worked in Glenrothes, I walked most days through the Park, which has a parade of concrete pygmy hippos crossing it from river to paddling pool. One hippo has its backside provocatively hanging out over the path ... almost everyone who passes can't resist giving it a stroke, which means that instead of the roughcast grey of the rest of the animal, there's a very pronounced shiny patch.

There's a similar effect in the Toy Museum in Prague, which has a statue of a naked youth in the courtyard. It's supposed to be lucky to touch the statue. As a result, the dark finish of the rest of the statue has worn away in "certain" areas, giving the impression of a black statue with golden genitals! Needless to say, the link is "not safe for work"
http://www.theladytravels.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Pra gue-Castle-statue-for-luck-768x1024.jpg

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: Not quite inspirational  [message #70173 is a reply to message #70168] Tue, 01 September 2015 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

A double "oh my"!

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: Not quite inspirational  [message #70176 is a reply to message #70168] Thu, 03 September 2015 03:14 Go to previous message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Gorgeous statue NW.

Believe it or not, a couple of days ago i was asked, by email, if i was ever in Prague. Unfortunately, i never was, but if i had i would've made a beeline for the Toy Museum for sure - and what a great surprise this would've been! Quite touching really Smile

cheers
Previous Topic: Laptop is going to the menders
Next Topic: Ryan Bartlett
Goto Forum: