A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Ryan Bartlett
Ryan Bartlett  [message #70178] Thu, 03 September 2015 16:07 Go to next message
Nick Deverill is currently offline  Nick Deverill

Toe is in the water

It is with much sadness I have to announce there will be no new stories from Ryan as he passed away on the 31st August after a short illness. He was only young(ish) with a lot more to give. Possible Timmy has something in the queue, but I don't know.

There is a bit more on Dabeagles forum, so I won't reproduce it here, save to give a link:
http://doghouse.freeforums.net/
Re: Ryan Bartlett  [message #70180 is a reply to message #70178] Fri, 04 September 2015 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

We need just a tad more in that link Nick; otherwise for those of us who are NOT Members of Dabeagle's site unless we join we're locked out.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: Ryan Bartlett  [message #70182 is a reply to message #70180] Fri, 04 September 2015 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bisexualguy is currently offline  bisexualguy

Toe is in the water

Warren C. E. Austin and others, here are some of the first messages from Dabeagle's Forum regarding Ryan Bartlett, whose story, Summers End, is posted here:

Posted by Dabeagle, Sep 2, 2015 at 12:53pm    
I don't want to use cliches like 'heavy heart' or profess to an inability to find the words. For all that, my heart is broken. Since last November Ryan and I had spoken almost nightly - bouncing ideas for stories, reading each others work, criticizing and trying to get better. Between us we'd managed to expand Sanitaria Springs, a place we'd both have liked to live, into far more than I'd ever hoped.

We argued, frequently, over characters and story direction. Through that discussion we felt we told better stories. Many people may not understand my sorrow - Ryan and I never met in person, never spoke on the phone. He was deep in the closet, desperate to change but unable to do so. He spoke of his family, and I felt like I knew some of them through his stories.

So, today, I found out I lost a friend. I got a message from him on Sunday, very early after I'd gone to bed, stating he was very sick. I'd sent messages, hoping he was better, but I wasn't too concerned - after all, we get sick sometimes, don't we? Piecing together what I knew of him, I discovered today his passing on the 31st [of August].

He was so sad. He had a lot of hopes and he had plans - his photography business was set to open later this year. Just like that, it's gone. He's gone. Goodbye, Ryan Bartlett, my friend.

[Other posts expressed shock and sadness and dismay.  By the way, Ryan had just passed his 37th birthday, at the end of June, 2015.]

Then I posted-- under my Dabeagle's Forum name of Paulr5--

September 3, 2015, at 1:38 a.m.:    I really enjoyed Ryan's writing, and was surprised when he IMed me twice recently on Facebook, on August 24 and August 26.  He even told me some of the beginning plot for My Secret Identity II.  The second time, we IMed for nearly an hour.  He was fascinating to IM with.  A sense of humor that wouldn't quit!

I haven't yet read the other posts regarding Ryan on the Forums here, but will do that in a minute.  I will greatly miss Ryan and his writing and his humor.
Paul

Ryan had many stories on Dabeagle's website    www.dabeagle.com     most often in the "Sanitaria Springs" section of the website.  Sanitaria Springs  has several writers, but most of the stories are written by either Dabeagle or Ryan Bartlett.  Dabeagle posted in a different part of his Forum that four more of Ryan's Sanitaria Springs stories were finished and in his hands, and will be posted in the coming weeks or months, at the appropriate part of the Sanitaria Springs timeline.

Dabeagle's website is one of the very few, besides this one at IOMFATS, that I check for stories regularly.

Re: Ryan Bartlett  [message #70183 is a reply to message #70180] Fri, 04 September 2015 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Deverill is currently offline  Nick Deverill

Toe is in the water

"The Gay Deceiver wrote on Fri, 04 September 2015 13:57"
We need just a tad more in that link Nick; otherwise for those of us who are NOT Members of Dabeagle's site unless we join we're locked out.

You ought to be able to read this thread without being a member, it works for me if I log out:
http://doghouse.freeforums.net/thread/301/passing-friend

Try it and see, it was my intention that you'd go here, but I am a bit like that, assuming folk know what I'm thinking...
Re: Ryan Bartlett  [message #70184 is a reply to message #70183] Fri, 04 September 2015 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

It's sad to hear about things like this happening.  We tend to think that in this day and age, with all the advancements we've made in medicine, that people are only supposed to die in old age (Ryan was younger than I am!), or at least aren't supposed to die without having a fighting chance first (as it sounds like he died relatively quickly, although I may be assuming a bit; a couple of people over on the other site only mention that he had mentioned to them a short time before his passing that he was sick, and I do realize that doesn't mean that whatever illness he had - assuming that it was what was ultimately responsible for his death - was a recent occurrence).
Re: Ryan Bartlett  [message #70186 is a reply to message #70183] Fri, 04 September 2015 21:50 Go to previous message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Thank you "Nick Deverill®"; and thanks to "bisexualguy®".  I will spend time later this evening and follow the thread.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

[Updated on: Fri, 04 September 2015 21:52]

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Previous Topic: Not quite inspirational
Next Topic: To Serve Man
Goto Forum: