A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Unhappy Hollywood news.
Unhappy Hollywood news.  [message #70290] Thu, 08 October 2015 21:52 Go to next message
ChrisR is currently offline  ChrisR

Likes it here

True sadness here. Moochie is gone. My first real hero.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/10/08/old-yeller-k evin-corcoran-dies-at-66/?intcmp=hpff
Re: Unhappy Hollywood news.  [message #70293 is a reply to message #70290] Fri, 09 October 2015 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
larkin is currently offline  larkin

Toe is in the water

Just recently passing away and of similar stature was Jack Larson who played Jimmy Olson in the early TV series, Superman.  He went onto be a producer and respected screen writer.

The major difference between Kevin Corcoran and Jack Larson, both in the public eye around the same time, was that Larson was not a child actor and he was not a heterosexual.

An interesting story is how Walt Disney treated his biggest star, Tommy Kirk when it was discovered that he was homosexual.  Disney fired him on the spot only to ask Kirk to come back to complete a project before formally dismissing him..

In keeping with the fashion of the today, people in some circles are now defending Disney by claiming that Kirk was a child molester because the kid was 15 and Kirk was 20.   I do not share that opinion and instead regard them as both young people exercising their right to chose.
Re: Unhappy Hollywood news.  [message #70296 is a reply to message #70293] Fri, 09 October 2015 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

What about those vainglorious adults who likely had molested Kirk when he was age-15 (and earlier) all the while suitably filling the coffers at Disney?

Just saying mind you, and not an untoward attempt to hijack the thread; I don't know that there were any, but assume that there probably were at least one or two.

Instead, let's simply celebrate their lives; lives that enriched our young hearts and souls and helped defined who we would become as adults.  For me, a young Anthony Perkins in Joshua Logan's Tall Story (filmed and released just prior to Perkins filming Psycho) was the ultimate wet-dream.  He, in his basketball shorts, and his prodigious endowment drove me wild, and would fuel many fantasies throughout the forthcoming few years.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: Unhappy Hollywood news.  [message #70297 is a reply to message #70296] Fri, 09 October 2015 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
larkin is currently offline  larkin

Toe is in the water

"The Gay Deceiver wrote on Fri, 09 October 2015 13:57"
What about those vainglorious adults who likely had molested Kirk when he was age-15 (and earlier) all the while suitably filling the coffers at Disney?

Just saying mind you, and not an untoward attempt to hijack the thread; I don't know that there were any, but assume that there probably were at least one or two.

Instead, let's simply celebrate their lives; lives that enriched our young hearts and souls and helped defined who we would become as adults.  For me, a young Anthony Perkins in Joshua Logan's Tall Story (filmed and released just prior to Perkins filming Psycho) was the ultimate wet-dream.  He, in his basketball shorts, and his prodigious endowment drove me wild, and would fuel many fantasies throughout the forthcoming few years.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

--All due respect Gay Deceiver,  You sound like the politically correct, TV educated, straight culture.
14 was fine for me and I am no worse for wear.  Since pregnancy isn't an issue, exactly when should an emerging homosexual ask for permission to engage sexually.  Did you wait until you were 18?  My condolences if you did.  

Ok, forgive me, I'm being catty. The heterosexual culture doesn't like homosexuals in the first place and they have found an Achilles heel, but must we be hypocritical between ourselves by calling every statutory encounter rape?

[Updated on: Fri, 09 October 2015 15:38]

Re: Unhappy Hollywood news.  [message #70298 is a reply to message #70297] Fri, 09 October 2015 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Quote:
larkin wrote on Fri, 09 October 2015 16:37
"The Gay Deceiver wrote on Fri, 09 October 2015 13:57"

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

--All due respect Gay Deceiver,  You sound like the politically correct, TV educated, straight culture.
14 was fine for me and I am no worse for wear.  Since pregnancy isn't an issue, exactly when should an emerging homosexual ask for permission to engage sexually.  Did you wait until you were 18?  My condolences if you did.  

Ok, forgive me, I'm being catty. The heterosexual culture doesn't like homosexuals in the first place and they have found an Achilles heel, but must we be hypocritical between ourselves by calling every statutory encounter rape?

--
The thing is, the casting couch existed, exists, for child actors as much as for adult actors.

I think you have gone somewhat astray on the concept of statutory rape, for no-one mentioned it. TGD mentioned that he suspected the boy stars may well have been enjoyed by older men and thus might have secured their careers that way. I don't think he was at all "Politically Correct" if you read what else he had to say.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Unhappy Hollywood news.  [message #70300 is a reply to message #70298] Fri, 09 October 2015 19:13 Go to previous message
ChrisR is currently offline  ChrisR

Likes it here

Folks, a man has died. A good man who, as a child actor, brought a lot of happiness into people's lives. And the crowd here instantly spins it into some sort of pissing contest.

I'm sorry I brought it up.
Previous Topic: 22 and tortured for being gay
Next Topic: The village where about one in ten 'girls' turn into boys at puberty.
Goto Forum: