A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Tyson Fury, Boxer and Bigot
Tyson Fury, Boxer and Bigot  [message #70592] Wed, 02 December 2015 14:19 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I just signed the petition "The BBC should remove homophobic Tyson Fury from Sports Personality of the Year shortlist" and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.

Our goal is to reach 5,000 signatures and we need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:

https://www.change.org/p/the-bbc-should-remove-homophobic-ty son-fury-from-sports-personality-of-the-year-shortlist?recru iter=572446&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=ema il&utm_campaign=share_email_responsive

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Tyson Fury, Boxer and Bigot  [message #70593 is a reply to message #70592] Thu, 03 December 2015 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Deverill is currently offline  Nick Deverill

Toe is in the water

Just signed. As I pointed out in the comments box, the contest is not only for being good at a sport, but being a personalty too. So there is absolutely no way homophobia has any part of it.
Re: Tyson Fury, Boxer and Bigot  [message #70594 is a reply to message #70593] Thu, 03 December 2015 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"Nick "
Just signed. As I pointed out in the comments box, the contest is not only for being good at a sport, but being a personalty too. So there is absolutely no way homophobia has any part of it.

--
The BBC seems to think it is just about beating the crap out of a Russian. It used to be about personality.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Tyson Fury, Boxer and Bigot  [message #70597 is a reply to message #70594] Fri, 04 December 2015 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Deverill is currently offline  Nick Deverill

Toe is in the water

Quote:
timmy wrote on Thu, 03 December 2015 21:14The BBC seems to think it is just about beating the crap out of a Russian. It used to be about personality.

I must admit I'm tempted to email around here, as I do have some contacts in the BBC, but the programme bunnies are surprisingly deaf to any criticism that does not fit their pre-conceptions.

Thankfully the bigot is unlikely to come anywhere near the top of the voting as it's a public vote and the 'sport' of boxing is not mainstream these days. Indeed, I'd not even call it a sport, just thuggery with rules.

I see the voting has increased considerably since last nights 11000, now almost 43000 at 0936 GMT and there is a good newspaper article on the matter http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/tyson-fury-petition -calling-for-boxer-to-be-removed-from-bbc-sports-personality -of-the-year-a6759241.html
Re: Tyson Fury, Boxer and Bigot  [message #70598 is a reply to message #70592] Fri, 04 December 2015 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Signed, sealed and delivered.

The honour should always be about "personality" and anyone exhibiting the degree of homophobia that this gent (for want of a better word) does should never have been nominated in the first place as he clearly lacks personality in spades.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: Tyson Fury, Boxer and Bigot  [message #70599 is a reply to message #70598] Fri, 04 December 2015 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

"The Gay Deceiver wrote on Fri, 04 December 2015 12:54"
Signed, sealed and delivered.

The honour should always be about "personality" and anyone exhibiting the degree of homophobia that this gent (for want of a better word) does should never have been nominated in the first place as he clearly lacks personality in spades.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

--
It isn't just homophobia. He is anti women's choice in abortion, too. He's a tall, muscular bully, a terrifying man to meet. His family background is said to be bare knuckle fighting.

Re: Tyson Fury, Boxer and Bigot  [message #70616 is a reply to message #70599] Tue, 08 December 2015 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I want to update you all on the progress of this petition. Just now it passed the 115,000 mark. That does not mean it will work, but it means it might. More, more and more is required. If you use FaceBook, post it, please. If you Tweet, Tweet it please. 

Re: Tyson Fury, Boxer and Bigot  [message #70659 is a reply to message #70616] Tue, 22 December 2015 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Happily the unpleasant fuckwit came fourth

Re: Tyson Fury, Boxer and Bigot  [message #70663 is a reply to message #70659] Wed, 23 December 2015 16:07 Go to previous message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Indeed he did.

Thankfully; although it would have been suitable justice, LOL, if he hadn't placed at all.

The media gives far too much exposure to these ne'er-do-wells to my thinking.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Previous Topic: Be careful with your twitter account
Next Topic: May the Force be With You
Goto Forum: