A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Audio Books
Audio Books  [message #71101] Tue, 16 February 2016 11:24 Go to next message
Andichan is currently offline  Andichan

Getting started

Having received an audio version of my story 'Loneliness' courtesy of an American reader, I invested in software in order that I could carry out my own file convertions so as of yesterday, I have 'Loneliness', its sequel 'Loneliness - Moving On', 'Where Do I Fit In?' together with the follow-up to that, 'Fitting In'.
It seems a shame to keep these all to myself so I'm offering them to registered forum members as free downloads in MP3 format.
It's worth mentioning that my early efforts are not as polished as the later ones; the software takes some driving as each chapter has to be completely re-written to suit however I think it's fair to say that it brings the stories to life and makes "reading" them a more personal experience.
If any of you are interested then please drop me an email at footea81@yahoo.co.uka81@yahoo.co.uk and I'll be happy to give you more information.      Andy.

Andy.
Re: Audio Books  [message #71104 is a reply to message #71101] Tue, 16 February 2016 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
solsticeman is currently offline  solsticeman

Likes it here

I have now read Loneliness , Where Do I fit In and Moving on in this format, courtesy of Andy. As he says it brings the story to life and as his stories are first person youthful protagonist the youthful voice fits perfectly. The thing is that the voice is as far from Stephen Hawking or Dalek-speak as you could hope to get... there are eccentricities such as the word "sekshual" that roll round the voice in a most delightfully lascivious way.

Do give it a try, you need no software, there is nothing to register for, if you use his dropbox method you dont need to register, just click past that bit. It's so easy and the results so delightful that it would be a shame to miss out.
Re: Audio Books  [message #71145 is a reply to message #71104] Sat, 27 February 2016 05:26 Go to previous message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

I hope Members here appreciate just how wonderful Andy's offer truly is.  I've just simply spent the most fabulous evening listening to his Loneliness and I have to tell you, however trivial the production problems may be, his words come to life in the loveliest and spellbinding manner.

Do take advantage of his very kind offer.  Please.

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Previous Topic: How many of these have you done?
Next Topic: Australian Safe Schools under threat
Goto Forum: