A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Chat Logs
Chat Logs  [message #71687] Thu, 02 June 2016 11:18 Go to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

They say deleting that kind of thing is better. But I find it hard to let go of things or move on.

So today I was reading some old logs of chats with the guy I had (have) feelings for.

In the moment I felt so justified in what I was saying, but reading them back... Damn I said some stupid things. I'm surprised he put up with me as much as he did.

Strangely, allowing my obsession to see itself clearly in the mirror, laid bare, I felt it wither quite substantially. I'm not totally over him and perhaps never will be and never want to be. He was and probably always will be special to me. I hope I can keep him as a friend without it reigniting craziness.

The level of obsession I held was quite creepy, to be honest. I hope I can fight off those kinds of feelings in the future.

Letting go of my feelings for him, though, means that for the first time in probably 13 years I'm more single than I've been. I have no boyfriend, no obsession, no ongoing casual arrangement. I'm trying to enjoy it and feel free, rather than feeling alone.
Re: Chat Logs  [message #71690 is a reply to message #71687] Fri, 03 June 2016 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smokr is currently offline  Smokr

Likes it here

Been there, done that. Haven't talked to him in years now. Miss him, but it is better to move on and let old flames go out.
I'm still glad he put up with me. LOL

raysstories.com
Re: Chat Logs  [message #71714 is a reply to message #71687] Sat, 11 June 2016 13:17 Go to previous message
Ray is currently offline  Ray

Getting started

"Damn I said some stupid things. I'm surprised he put up with me as much as he did"

Don't we all? But I don't believe we are all the victims.

"I'm not totally over him and perhaps never will be and never want to be. He was and probably always will be special to me"

Get used to it buddy -I  have one that doesn't want to lie down and die after 43 years!
Just let him be special, even in absentia!
Pain will become memory, and memory can become beautiful.

"The level of obsession I held was quite creepy, to be honest. I hope I can fight off those kinds of feelings in the future"
You are not alone.

Previous Topic: Hi.
Next Topic: Learned behaviour?
Goto Forum: