A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > On A Darker Note
On A Darker Note  [message #74329] Fri, 27 April 2018 13:38 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Andrew Foote has sent me two pieces and a comment about them. You will find them by clicking On A Darker Note.

I was not sure which of the two fora was the correct place for this post, so it will start in one and move to the other. That leaves a short duration linkage between the two.

What I know for sure is that this has cost and is costing Andrew some substantial emotional investment. I am not sure what comments are appropriate. He has had mine in private, but, public or private, I think he would appreciate your input

[Updated on: Fri, 27 April 2018 18:59]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: On A Darker Note  [message #74334 is a reply to message #74329] Fri, 27 April 2018 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

Andrew, I wish I knew what to say.

I have known people who have had molestations of various kinds, and some impacts may not show up completely for years.  I hope that these are therapeutic for you, in the long run, and you emerge stronger than ever, and even more victorious.

I like your stories.  I am pulling for you (figurative American speech).
Re: On A Darker Note  [message #74339 is a reply to message #74329] Sat, 28 April 2018 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark

Likes it here

Andrew,

I've been reflecting a bit on this since Timmy posted it.  Like Bisexual Guy, I wish I knew what to say.  For what it's worth, I am sorry you had to go through what you did.  It must be difficult beyond words to describe to be on the receiving end of abuse to begin with, especially when said abuse comes at the hands of one of the very people who is supposed to be protecting children.
Re: On A Darker Note  [message #74342 is a reply to message #74329] Mon, 30 April 2018 02:14 Go to previous message
John Teller is currently offline  John Teller

Getting started

Like Mark, I have also been thinking about this post since Tim put it up and I read Andrew's two short monologues. So first of all I offer my sincere sympathies to Andrew. What he went through was appalling.

However, I am having difficulty with this oft used term, 'abuse'. What Andrew suffered from was not abuse... he was raped by a monster over a number of years. He was raped by someone who was in a position of power and I would think all decent people, whether of a straight disposition, ranging through those who are attracted to young people, would condemn it wholeheartedly.

And I'll leave it at that. The individual aspect of this particular topic is too sensitive to begin a debate about anything other than what happened.

Just one question. Did this monster eventually get his cumuppance for what he did? I would hope he did.
Previous Topic: Digital Age of Consent
Next Topic: Feeling sad and nostalgic
Goto Forum: