A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Shining a light on Raphael Henry
Shining a light on Raphael Henry  [message #77745] Fri, 09 April 2021 15:08 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Back on my theme of authors whose work never seems to come here, let me shine my light on Raphael Henry.

His tales are a mixture of sweet and unsettling. His settings very real. The boys have unusual names, but are very relatable to.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Shining a light on Raphael Henry  [message #77746 is a reply to message #77745] Fri, 09 April 2021 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
luvtwinks is currently offline  luvtwinks

Likes it here

Funny you should mention this author right now. I started reading "Robbie" a few days ago. I've read and enjoyed a couple of his other works as well.
Re: Shining a light on Raphael Henry  [message #77747 is a reply to message #77745] Fri, 09 April 2021 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Biff Spork is currently offline  Biff Spork

Getting started

Thanks for shining that light. I just read Johnny the Gardener, an absolutely beautiful story. 

Consider becoming vegan. It's good for your health. It's kind and respectful to other animals. It's a good way to make an individual gesture towards averting the climate crisis. It's easy - if a lazy degenerate like me can do it, anyone can.
Re: Shining a light on Raphael Henry  [message #77749 is a reply to message #77747] Fri, 09 April 2021 20:08 Go to previous message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

Yes, I have enjoyed his tales and agree they are at once sweet and unsettling. As is life. In this regard I appreciate his work a great deal.

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Previous Topic: Writers Idolization
Next Topic: The Challenge That is Tony by Pedro
Goto Forum: