A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Looking for advice
Looking for advice  [message #77937] Mon, 05 July 2021 09:15 Go to next message
Opus is currently offline  Opus

Getting started

Hello,

Is there dudes on here that is military?  I'm like a bit new to all this. I'm out to me close mates but it's driving me barmy being in this job and hiding stuff. I'm like scared it's gonna go badly and I really want to just be me on my base. I'm Aussie by the way not American. Add to that there is this guy I like, he's a Civ, but I can't be with him because of what I do. 

I've read tons of stuff on here but never had the courage to sign up. I also signed up on another site, but this place has got tons more resource. What I really need is someone in the Army who I can chat this through with.

I'm Opus by the way. Yeah that is really a thing. Blame my parents. Nice to meet you guys.

Sorry if I like posted in the wrong place.
Re: Looking for advice  [message #77939 is a reply to message #77937] Mon, 05 July 2021 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

We all start as new, mate! No idea who may or may not be Army

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Looking for advice  [message #77941 is a reply to message #77939] Mon, 05 July 2021 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

Ah, great it's now visible.

Thank you Timmy. 

Just worried about how it goes and I can only go to certain places. This is a great place by the way. I have read a few.

Opus

Re: Looking for advice  [message #77943 is a reply to message #77937] Mon, 05 July 2021 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Matthews is currently offline  James Matthews

Toe is in the water

"Opus wrote on Mon, 05 July 2021 10:15"
Hello,

Is there dudes on here that is military?  I'm like a bit new to all this. I'm out to me close mates but it's driving me barmy being in this job and hiding stuff. I'm like scared it's gonna go badly and I really want to just be me on my base. I'm Aussie by the way not American. Add to that there is this guy I like, he's a Civ, but I can't be with him because of what I do. 

I've read tons of stuff on here but never had the courage to sign up. I also signed up on another site, but this place has got tons more resource. What I really need is someone in the Army who I can chat this through with.

I'm Opus by the way. Yeah that is really a thing. Blame my parents. Nice to meet you guys.

--

Hi Opus,

I was in the TA for 5 years, but a few years ago now. I was out to my friends there. I'm not sure exactly what you would like to talk through but If it's how it went coming out, then that is going to be different for everyone. If you're scared about coming out then you're not alone. We have all been through it. I see you said you was out to close friends. What do they think?

Anyway, If you want to e-mail me, happy to talk through stuff.

James
Re: Looking for advice  [message #77950 is a reply to message #77943] Tue, 06 July 2021 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Matthews is currently offline  James Matthews

Toe is in the water

I note how you said in your Bio that you are happy to talk to any dudes. Does that mean women scare you? Or you just refuse to talk to them? Sorry, I couldn't resist. 

This is my attempt at humour by the way. Be welcome, Opus :) 
Re: Looking for advice  [message #77952 is a reply to message #77943] Tue, 06 July 2021 18:49 Go to previous message

Getting started

"James Matthews wrote on Mon, 05 July 2021 22:38"

"Opus wrote on Mon, 05 July 2021 10:15"
Hello,

--

Hi Opus,

I was in the TA for 5 years, but a few years ago now. I was out to my friends there. I'm not sure exactly what you would like to talk through but If it's how it went coming out, then that is going to be different for everyone. If you're scared about coming out then you're not alone. We have all been through it. I see you said you was out to close friends. What do they think?

Anyway, If you want to e-mail me, happy to talk through stuff.

James

--

I emailed you late last night, dude, did you get it?

And I do like women. Ha, I will change my bio. No drama. 

Right, time to get my gear on, it's mega early! 

[Updated on: Tue, 06 July 2021 18:52]

Previous Topic: The war on Woke - A debate
Next Topic: An Apology - James Matthews
Goto Forum: