A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > The Wizard and the Torch By Flaulus
The Wizard and the Torch By Flaulus  [message #77959] Fri, 09 July 2021 10:38 Go to next message
Pedro

Toe is in the water

Although still early days, I admit I am enjoying this story, although it does raise some philosophical questions about slavery.  It will be interesting to see what resolution the author achieves. 

I find the writing is an easy style with some nice lines that make me smile: "No, but it is. Do not try to understand. Accept post of wizard's slave will look good on his CV."

I wonder what other readers are making of it.
http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/flaulus/the-wizard-and- the-torch/01.html

[Updated on: Fri, 09 July 2021 10:39]

Pedro
Re: The Wizard and the Torch By Flaulus  [message #78090 is a reply to message #77959] Thu, 26 August 2021 03:14 Go to previous message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

Yes, an enjoyable story for sure. Left me wanting a sequel.

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
Previous Topic: Breaking Point
Next Topic: I Want To Know What Love Is
Goto Forum: