A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > An Admission of Guilt
An Admission of Guilt  [message #78009] Fri, 13 August 2021 16:51 Go to next message
JCDII is currently offline  JCDII

Getting started

What a great story, Henke! Especially in today's political environment here is the US.

I know it's listed as a one off short story, but have you thought about making it a few chapters at all?
(meet the boy, father has a political change somewhat, possilbe reconcilitation, etc)
Thanks for writing! - John
Re: An Admission of Guilt  [message #78010 is a reply to message #78009] Fri, 13 August 2021 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Please link the story. we have help! And the story.

To be fair, the help makes it look pretty hard.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: An Admission of Guilt  [message #78011 is a reply to message #78009] Fri, 13 August 2021 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Getting started

Link to the story....that was just posted today on the Home site...

http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/henke-sjorgen/shorts/an -admission-of-guilt.html
Re: An Admission of Guilt  [message #78015 is a reply to message #78011] Sat, 14 August 2021 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henke Sjorgen is currently offline  Henke Sjorgen

Getting started

Hello John,

I have to admit that this story was a rant. I was in a mood. Much like the mood that inspired my first story here. 

I hadn't though of continuing it. It's something I will consider. Although I have to say I find the idea of any longterm politician changing his or her stripe a little hard to believe. Much more likely in this political climate for those pols that have been masquerading as legitimate upholders of the constitution to drop their masks and show their true colors as wannabe dictators. There has been more than a little of THAT happening. But reformation? Harder to believe. Still, love can work wonders, sometimes!

Thank you for your comments. I will see what I can do with them.

Very best,
Henke
Re: An Admission of Guilt  [message #78123 is a reply to message #78009] Sat, 04 September 2021 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henke Sjorgen is currently offline  Henke Sjorgen

Getting started

Hello John,

Just in case you're interested, there has been a follow up to this tale, written by Ivor Slipper. He also wanted to know more about Jackson, and has supplied some appealing imagery of what came next after the original story. I enjoyed it, and hope you will, too!

http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/ivor-slipper/shorts/the -application.html

Very best,
Henke

[Updated on: Sat, 04 September 2021 20:40]

Re: An Admission of Guilt  [message #78124 is a reply to message #78009] Sat, 04 September 2021 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Biff Spork is currently offline  Biff Spork

Getting started

"JCDII wrote on Fri, 13 August 2021 09:51"
What a great story, Henke! Especially in today's political environment here is the US.

I know it's listed as a one off short story, but have you thought about making it a few chapters at all?
(meet the boy, father has a political change somewhat, possilbe reconcilitation, etc)
Thanks for writing! - John

--Try this:
http://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/ivor-slipper/shorts/the -application.html

(
So this is about 15 minutes too late...now if I only knew how to delete a reply...?)

[Updated on: Sat, 04 September 2021 20:57]

Consider becoming vegan. It's good for your health. It's kind and respectful to other animals. It's a good way to make an individual gesture towards averting the climate crisis. It's easy - if a lazy degenerate like me can do it, anyone can.
Re: An Admission of Guilt  [message #78127 is a reply to message #78124] Mon, 06 September 2021 12:56 Go to previous message

Getting started

Thanks all....I did read the new 'chapter' in the story and it was very good, as Ivor's stories are!
Would be nice to see some interaction between father and son, but both stories stand as complete.
Previous Topic: There are other views on being out
Next Topic: Life as strange as fiction : Books and Covers
Goto Forum: