A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > OnlyFans is to ban explicit material
OnlyFans is to ban explicit material  [message #78055] Fri, 20 August 2021 07:58 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Bloomberg and others report that OnlyFans, the source of income for many lads and lasses today, is cutting off its nose to spite its face because of pressure from payment processors.

Many young folk have turned to the relative safety of online marketplaces to conduct safe sexwork, and use OnlyFans to fund lives othgerwise devoid of work, or to pay their way through college. OnlyFans prospered as Tumblr faltered.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: OnlyFans is to ban explicit material  [message #78063 is a reply to message #78055] Fri, 20 August 2021 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

"timmy wrote on Fri, 20 August 2021 08:58"
Bloomberg and others report that OnlyFans, the source of income for many lads and lasses today, is cutting off its nose to spite its face because of pressure from payment processors.

Many young folk have turned to the relative safety of online marketplaces to conduct safe sexwork, and use OnlyFans to fund lives othgerwise devoid of work, or to pay their way through college. OnlyFans prospered as Tumblr faltered.

--
I agree, Timmy. All sorts of websites are banned from major payment processors (the place I buy e-cigarettes from is banned from PayPal, for example) and alternatives are kind-of available, though these often have processing costs which can be a bit exorbitant. It seems weak to me not to at least try to offer a way forward that does not involve banning sex ... there's enough prudery around already!

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: OnlyFans is to ban explicit material  [message #78064 is a reply to message #78063] Fri, 20 August 2021 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

Somehow this does not surprise me. Some other resource will soon rear its head like a Phoenix. It will prosper for awhile before going the way of its predecessors. It's a revolving door of erotic release. 

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett
They've U-turned!  [message #78086 is a reply to message #78055] Wed, 25 August 2021 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NW is currently offline  NW

On fire!

"OnlyFans, the user-generated adult content site, is reversing course on plans to ban "sexually explicit" content after securing agreement with its payment processors, it has announced.

Last week, OnlyFans said it would ban adult material from 1 October, to the dismay of its users and creators, who argued that doing so risked driving such work underground.

Those plans have been scrapped, the company said in a tweet. "Thank you to everyone for making your voices heard. We have secured assurances necessary to support our diverse creator community and have suspended the planned October 1 policy change. OnlyFans stands for inclusion and we will continue to provide a home for all creators.
"

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/aug/25/onlyfans- scraps-plans-to-ban-sexually-explicit-material

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. ... Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night devoid of stars." Martin Luther King
Re: They've U-turned!  [message #78087 is a reply to message #78086] Wed, 25 August 2021 18:22 Go to previous message
ds is currently offline  ds

Getting started

At the same time as the onlyfans U turn I gather that a few new sites have appeared and people are rushing to migrate.

One I know of is fansly, which mentioned that they are being swamped by people wanting to move to them.

DS
Previous Topic: Those little flags
Next Topic: Being Out and Proud
Goto Forum: