A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > The Luck of the Draw
The Luck of the Draw  [message #78169] Fri, 15 October 2021 14:58 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Just in time for the challenge A Walk in the Couuntry today, this story arrived last night.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: The Luck of the Draw  [message #78170 is a reply to message #78169] Sat, 16 October 2021 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bisexual_Guy is currently offline  Bisexual_Guy

Likes it here

That story, by Doc Sawzall, is excellent.  So is the one by Cole Parker, and I have not yet been able to read the others.

Timmy, I want to thank you for the story challenges.  They help readers and authors to think outside of the proverbial boxes.
Re: The Luck of the Draw  [message #78172 is a reply to message #78170] Sun, 17 October 2021 18:18 Go to previous message
Bensiamin is currently offline  Bensiamin

Likes it here

I second that motion: thanks to Timmy for this great mechanism to prompt interesting and unique story writing!

I enjoyed all four of the current submissions, all of which had had strong personal discovery themes located in a not so bucolic setting, and a couple of which touched on very current theme, like the pandemic or the end of life on this planet!

Bravo to all four authors!

[Updated on: Sun, 17 October 2021 18:19]

Bensiamin
Previous Topic: New story challenge?
Next Topic: A Grand Day Out
Goto Forum: