A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > I won't mention Ukraine
I won't mention Ukraine  [message #78250] Sat, 05 March 2022 18:49 Go to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I'm not going to, except to wonder why on earth Russia is so much an enemy of us all? Why can't we just play nice? What's with the Putin paranoia?

He has more money that anyone can spend, more power than is good for anyone, and now he's hurting good, decent people, and using other good, decent people, bewildered people, to invade and hurt them.

Hmm, that was a lot of stuff to say when I said I wasn't going to say a thing.I suspect teenage gay romance is the last thing on anyone's mind in that horrible conflict, yet we are still here, and, if they choose, we are open for their viewing, if they can get internet access. I really feel rather feeble with all this going on.

It's hard to say good things abut a web site in the face of brutal war. I know I lost a gay friend in Iraq some years ago. I'm sure I know folk from Ukraine. I hope I still know them tomorrow.

So, for now, forgive me, please, if I just say thank you for your being on the site, and ask you to do what you can for a refugee. Encourage your government to accept them without question. There'll be some bad 'uns among them, but most folk aren't bad. I'll just be happy for those we can help.

Yeah, I more than mentioned Ukraine, didn't I

[Updated on: Sat, 05 March 2022 18:50]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: I won't mention Ukraine  [message #78252 is a reply to message #78250] Sat, 05 March 2022 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
luvtwinks is currently offline  luvtwinks

Likes it here

One of my favorite "models" on Chaturbate is from Russia. He hasn't been on cam much recently for obvious reasons, but he feels terrible about the whole situation. He has also changed his location in his Chaturbate profile so people don't know where he is from. I had a few favorites from Ukraine too, but they have disappeared. Clearly they are not concerned with gettting tokens on Chaturbate right now and likely have no internet access anyway. I hope they are safe.

As a citizen of the USA, I hope with all my heart tRUMP is not elected again in 2024 because I fear he will try to emulate the actions of his almighty idol Putin. They are both narcissistic lunatics.

[Updated on: Sat, 05 March 2022 21:36]

Re: I won't mention Ukraine  [message #78257 is a reply to message #78252] Sat, 12 March 2022 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have made some cosmetic changes to the main site, on every page

We support Ukraine - Мы поддерживаем Украину - Ми підтримуємо Україну
https://iomfats.org/images/ukraine.png

[Updated on: Sat, 12 March 2022 00:26]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: I won't mention Ukraine  [message #78258 is a reply to message #78257] Sun, 13 March 2022 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have also achieved this on the forum footer

Re: I won't mention Ukraine  [message #78269 is a reply to message #78250] Sun, 20 March 2022 17:20 Go to previous message
ivor slipper is currently offline  ivor slipper

Likes it here

Color Music shares a wonderful performance of "You Raise Me Up" by Secret Garden. This video was filmed in 2019 by Color Music. All the singers were born and live in Ukraine. The children's choir can no longer sing inspiring music and create beautiful videos. The smiles on the children's faces have been replaced by tears. I hope Peace returns to Ukraine and these kids can sing beautiful songs together again.

https://youtu.be/TRcIEMgppK8
Previous Topic: A current story trend on Nifty
Next Topic: A Refresher on Gender and Sex
Goto Forum: