A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Back-up
Back-up   [message #78301] Sun, 24 April 2022 07:08
Fact or fiction? It is real enough, but is it non-fiction? A snippet from the life of parents, the father of a gay son who does the parental taxi thing and drops the boy off at a party only for it to turn into a drama when he goes to pick him up later. 

"I now had to suddenly learn to know my son who until a few minutes ago was a person I knew and now was a complete stranger..."[/font]

The father and son seem both to have a close relationship and yet the son's life is a secret, although the father is very accepting when discovering his son is gay, even confiding his own same sex relationship in his younger years, a secret he has never revealed to his wife. [/font]

The story is full of dysfunctionality within the family and full of contradictions, are they a close family or not, I could not decide. Overall I wondered if everything was falling apart or coming together through adversity.[/font]

https://iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/peterg09/shorts/back-u p.html

Previous Topic: Sometimes With Reality, by D. K. Daniels
Next Topic: Anybody know what happened to Billy Bratii
Goto Forum: