A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Boris Johnson
Boris Johnson  [message #78363] Fri, 08 July 2022 03:47 Go to next message
Mark

Likes it here

So, thoughts (especially from our UK members) about Boris Johnson stepping down as PM?
Re: Boris Johnson  [message #78364 is a reply to message #78363] Fri, 08 July 2022 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

There are obviously supporters still.

Johnson's Conservative Party has turned me from a lifelong Conservative voter to one who will never vote for them again. They have moved far to the right. I am relieved he is in the process of going. He has not gone yet.

Led By Donkeys sums him up well. There isĀ A reminder of just who he is, too, and much else

The potential replacements are also frightening. We have the worst Attorney General ever, who puts politics abiove the law. She has thrown her hat into the ring, as have a group of other chancers. If we were, once, a nation to be respected, we have joined ther USA under Trump as a bunch of feckless imbeciles.

The government remains in power. All that has happened is that we have toppled the Poundshop Winston Churchill, and will replace it with another useful idiot, because our country under this party is run by Murdock et al. We have fixed term parliaments and First Past The Post elections. Both are criticised until another party gets in, and they see the persoanl benefit of staying in power for ever.

As he was being ousted, #Clownfall started trending on Twitter. Soon to be available on Netflix?

In summary, the witch is dead, but is still in power. New witches are jostling for position. The party they represent is foul and divisive. We remain in deep shit.

I hope whoever takes over keeps up the steadfast support of Ukraine

[Updated on: Fri, 08 July 2022 19:16]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: Boris Johnson  [message #78365 is a reply to message #78364] Fri, 08 July 2022 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cole parker is currently offline  cole parker

Toe is in the water

Sounds so much like the US to me!

C
Re: Boris Johnson  [message #78366 is a reply to message #78365] Sat, 09 July 2022 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bensiamin is currently offline  Bensiamin

Likes it here

Seems to me that Jonathan Pie says it for everyone everywhere... with funny but painful truth:

https://youtu.be/lKrLBPmRsrM

Bensiamin
Re: Boris Johnson  [message #78367 is a reply to message #78363] Sat, 09 July 2022 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JackLynch is currently offline  JackLynch

Getting started

USA citizen here. Just like us, the Brits finally figured out that having an idiot running your country, not only wreaks havoc, but also wrecks the country.
Re: Boris Johnson  [message #78368 is a reply to message #78367] Sat, 09 July 2022 21:35 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

Those with any intelligence knew anyway

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Previous Topic: Email issues
Next Topic: Kiwi... In Memoriam
Goto Forum: