A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > I am watching Anglican Christianity with disgust
I am watching Anglican Christianity with disgust  [message #59993] Sun, 06 December 2009 17:32 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

It's not just disgust, it's supreme disgust.

The Anglicans are a global movement, reporting in to The Archbishop of Canterbury in England. It's quite an important sect of Christianity.. And very much associated with them is the Episcopal Church - a movement that had to break away in the USA after independence because it kind of failed to wish to sear allegiance to the British monarch. I can see their point.

Yesterday the Episcopalians voted a second gay bishop into place.

Yesterday Rowan William, Arch-Hypocrite fo Canterbury, told them in no uncertain terms to get back into line - his line. But WIlliams can't bring himself to condemn Uganda and the church there who want to go all out and kill gay folk for being gay.

Some christian, Rowan Williams is.

Read more at http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/andrewbrown/2009/dec/06/rowan-uganda-homophobia-lesbian-bishop and at http://timtrent.blogspot.com/2009/12/anglican-church-and-lesbian-bishop.html

It looks very much as though it is another time for gay folk to stand up for ourselves

[Updated on: Sun, 06 December 2009 17:50]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Previous Topic: tears streaming down my face ...
Next Topic: Not quite 10- years have passed ...
Goto Forum:

[ RSS ]