A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > I Miss The Days...
icon6.gif I Miss The Days...  [message #68053] Wed, 16 October 2013 13:55 Go to previous message
Michael-Kent Dobison is currently offline  Michael-Kent Dobison

Likes it here

I really do miss the days before technology...

Now when I say technology I guess I should be a little more clear as some parts of the technological revolution have aided me in ways nothing else would have been able to. Most of the aid being in the form of a double - and successful - cornea transplant, which even by todays standards seems far-fetched ... to me at least.

What I do mean by technology is Mobile Socio-intrinsic Computing ... SOCIAL MEDIA

Mostly I suppose my comments further are aimed more so at the younger composite of our population ... BUT ... Do any of us remember what it was like before MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Blogging? ... and the list goes on....

I remember my mother always trying, to no avail, to get me inside for Meals or to go out to friends or even just because it was getting cold out and maybe I should put a jumper on. Even when it was pissing with rain out I was mostly out in the good clean green world. I loved those days of nature walks and chasing butterflies.
Climbing our tremendously towering Mulberry tree so we could make jam for the bread we were baking or just lying under a cloud-mottled blue sky pointing and laughing as the clouds rushed past making dragons and fairies from air and imagination.

Instead now we struggle to get the children to speak to us, as looking away from the tablet/cell phone/mobile connector is practically paramount to treason punishable by FoMo (Fear of Missing out).
We have lunch and gather with friend only to sit on our phones looking for the next best thing...

Hold that though - Just imagine what you are missing RIGHT NOW while you sit in front of your mobile connector and intrinsically  dissect the world through your Magnifying-phone ... I mean glass Wink

That's right, shut down your PC, turn off your phone and go play in traffic, climb a tree or go Bite a dog. I'm almost certain it will be much more gratifying than point-and-click Wink

"And so the lion fell in love with the Lamb"
"What a stupid Lamb"
"What a sick, masochistic lion"

Read Message icon6.gif
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Previous Topic: Happy harvest time
Next Topic: Eldon and Jon?
Goto Forum:

[ RSS ]