A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Sex: When is it sex, when is it abuse?
Sex: When is it sex, when is it abuse?  [message #68540] Tue, 15 July 2014 20:55 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I am having a discussion with a new friend about sexual abuse. He and I have views which intersect, but which are not congruent.

Let me pose some questions, none of which are intended to limit the discussion.
  • Is sex between an adult and a child (by whatever definition you choose) abuse?
  • Is sexual abuse always physical?
  • Does harm have to be done (physical, emotional) for it to be sexually abusive?
  • If it was by mutual consent at the time but is deeply regretted by one party later, is that sexual abuse?
  • If the act was not mutually enjoyable start to finish, is that sexual abuse?
  • Does the age of consent define what is and is not sexual abuse?

I can go on with the questions for ages. They are to provide a partial foundation for discussion. The way I have phrased the questions is arbitrary and does not represent a held viewpoint. They are just questions. There are other questions. Ask them and answer them freely.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message