A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Why is sex special in assault cases?
Why is sex special in assault cases?  [message #68559] Wed, 23 July 2014 06:57 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

I have deliberately chosen to start a new topic because I do not want to dilute the thread about sexual abuse.

Sex seems to be classified as special when it comes to the crime of assault. I have long failed to understand this, though, if pregnancy is the result I do see how rape can have a much more lingering effect than a simple assault.

Why is a blow not a blow, a threat not a threat? Why does the involvement of genitalia turn a 'simple' attack in to a special class of attack?

[Updated on: Thu, 24 July 2014 23:14]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message