A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Joe Writer Man on the Loose
Joe Writer Man on the Loose  [message #69816] Sun, 21 June 2015 18:41 Go to previous message
JoeWriterMan is currently offline  JoeWriterMan

Getting started

Dear Authors, Readers, Timmy,

It's funny how life can rapidly change with only a few words said.

On a routine physical and after further testing, I received the diagnosis of Stage IIIA lung cancer.

My first response to my doctor of many years was: I don't have fucking time for this shit.  I've too many people to see, places to go, things to do!  I've also been rewriting my story Life on the Farm.  I've also been working to finish another story, Centennial, for the Revolutions Universe.

Having been healthy for most of my life, the news was shocking to say the least.

My mind has been all over the place.  Elizabeth Kuebler Ross wrote extensively about the grief process.  Yep, I've been in and out of denial, anger, sadness, though I am quickly moving into Acceptance because I have no other choice.

I am being evaluated / treated in a large University Hospital, rated in the top ten US cancer centers.  The staff is superb.  Their expertise, outstanding.  Their compassion brings me to tears.  Their hope is infectious.  Even though no treatment will cure my disease, they, my family, and friends are hugely supportive.  This means everything in the world.

Am I going to roll over defeated?  No.  Nope.  Nodda.

Will I provide periodic updates?  As they become available for as long as I can.

Peace out.  Live life to the fullest.  Keep on keeping on.

Until next time.

Joe Writer Man

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Previous Topic: How Does Abbey Kyeyune prove he is gay?
Next Topic: Warwick Rowers
Goto Forum:

[ RSS ]