A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Are beauty standards racist?
Are beauty standards racist?  [message #71371] Sun, 17 April 2016 00:21 Go to previous message
Hugs is currently offline  Hugs

Getting started

Of course, it doesn't apply to all of us, but...
Think about it honestly, isn't there a clear tendency of picking out the european-germanic-nordic-whatever it is features (I mean, white skin, blue eyes, blond hair, etc.) over all of the other?

Don't get me wrong, I do believe there are some hot black and asian fellows out there, but, as far as I know that has something to do with facial symmetry and the Fiboncacci number, rather than a cultural thing.

My point is, we, on average, become racist when it comes to sexual attraction. I'm not saying it's up to us, that we are the one to blame for our tastes (does anybody like things voluntarily, anyway?). But is this a matter of cultural legacy, about what we've been taught by society? If so, would that still count as racism? 

What do you guys think?

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Previous Topic: That bathroom/locker room trash
Next Topic: Abide with me