A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > The observer - Rafael Henry
The observer - Rafael Henry  [message #73201] Tue, 15 August 2017 22:52 Go to previous message
andypaz is currently offline  andypaz

Getting started

Dear Timmy:
I feel I'm once more kicking the hornet's nest. I hope not. Please forgive me if that is the case.

I also feel that I "need" to say what follows:

In "the Observer", in different occasions, relations among The Observer (Otta) and his wife, and then among The Observer and James mother are mentioned.
We accepted those mentions as part of the gay love story. They might have been necessary in order to build the ambiance.
Now,(chapter 20 and 21) describes a "near" full sexual encounter among the Observer and Ellie (Elliot's mother), even mentioning her "clit", and "juices" and her "pleasure mount", etc, etc...

One of my friends, while we were reading and commenting Chapter 20 of "The Observer", suddenly shrieked: "Please, stop reading! -he said-, ¡Stop now!!... Otherwise you'll have back all the beer I drunk"...

I read and comment the stories together with other four friends. We have kind of a "private forum". We are all gay. None of us dresses in mini-skirts. We don't feel we need to paint our house pink. Or our hair blue. Or our lips green. We do not swagger when we walk. We do not have a lisp... All that in not being gay.
We also are not particularly ill (different in tastes) as the boy in Mihangel's "Not Understood" is.
We are happy gay people, who love gay life.We enjoy being gay. And we like reading GAY stories.

And we wander...

Is it necessary to have descriptions of hetero relations in a gay story? That is not what we want to read.

Somewhere, someone (I can not re-call who- says that authors should primarily write for themseves. Not taking into consideration if the reader will like or not their story. That's OK.  Mr Rafael Henry should be able to write whatever he wants to read. BUT; Why allow the  story to enter "our" GAY bookshelf, when  its full of disgusting hetero/bi descriptions?

Also, b.t.w.

I remember having read: "stories to be found in IOMFATS involve the growing emotions BETWEEN YOUNG MEN",

and,

"Absolutely no stories with adult/youth themes will be allowed, and no exceptions will be made"

Does this story match with the rules?  /  Aren't the lascivious relations between The Observer and his son's friends  (more than 20 years difference) breaking the rules?
It might be said that he "waited" for J to be over age of consent before...   /   I know it might be said that it was J who seduced him... BUT... I wonder...

Age difference among the characters having sexual relations, to be found in Rafael Henrys stories, is not only for "The Observer". Also (at least the idea) is in "Love in the Dunes" (a young Otta), and in others. Otta is older but the boys are always young. Very young...

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message