A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Completed Story Announcements?
Completed Story Announcements?  [message #75629] Tue, 19 March 2019 23:22 Go to previous message
Teddy is currently offline  Teddy

Really getting into it

One of the things I learned the hard way by making the same mistake over and over again in my early times on the web is to never begin to read a story until that story is posted in it's entirety on a site. While it isn't as much of a problem as it once was, and I don't think it happens here, there are still stories posted here and there that never reach completion.

The thing is, now that I've gotten in the habit, I rather like waiting till a story is complete before I read it because I find it much more fun to binge read a story than to read it as it's parceled out a little at a time.

This brings me to the purpose of my posting. Is it possible when a story is complete to post public notice of that in the new story announcements on the main page? It would look something like this:

The House in the Woods - Chapter 13 by Halceyon (Story Complete)

This may have already been discussed in times past here and perhaps there are valid reasons why it is done the way it is, and if so, I'm okay with that but it would certainly help the reader who prefers to read like I do becasue as things stand the only way to know if a story is complete is to click through to the story page and check every time a new chapter goes up.

Am I being picky? If so it's not intentional Smile

“There's no grays, only white that's got grubby. I'm surprised you don't know that. And sin, young man, is when you treat people as things. Including yourself. That's what sin is.” - Terry Pratchett

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Previous Topic: LGBT Awareness has consequences!
Next Topic: So Sweet!
Goto Forum:

[ RSS ]