A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > Real or imagined?
Real or imagined?  [message #76194] Fri, 15 November 2019 00:53 Go to previous message
luvtwinks is currently offline  luvtwinks

Likes it here

So...I have a vague memory that I'm not sure is a real memory or one that was manufactured. Let me explain. Part way through watching the 1988 TV mini series "I Know My First Name Is Steven" based on the true story of a child abducted and sexually abused by his captor for years, I recalled a vague memory. That memory was my uncle putting his penis in my face and telling me to pretend it was a lollipop. I would have been maybe 6 or 7 years old at the time. I had no recollection of the incident until I saw that TV movie. And that movie freaked me out way more than it should have. Just wondering if that movie may have sparked a real memory or did it just fuel some hidden fear? I was 23 years old when the movie was on TV. Having said that, I'm OK but I wonder if the movie made me manufacture a false memory or not? Here's a link to the promo for that movie. https://youtu.be/m_TU5MHY6ro

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Previous Topic: Con Mi Primito
Next Topic: Of abuse
Goto Forum:

[ RSS ]