A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > When I was a kid...
When I was a kid...  [message #77717] Mon, 05 April 2021 21:37 Go to previous message
timmy

Has no life at all

At school one senior boy, a prefect (boy in authority over other boys), expressed an interest in a younger boy to that boy, privately and directly. While he was not expelled, he was treated as being disgusting, was excluded from the school, and only allowed to sit his final exams in private. This was circa 1967.

Now I am an old fart I still dream of the ideal of being (as a boy) able to tell another boy that I find him attractive and would like to explore where that might lead, perhaps by a date. Yet I still suspect that many boys receiving  that overture would react as they did in the 1960s.

What will it take for it to be totally normal for a boy to ask another boy out on a date in the same way that boys may ask girls and girls ask boys?

[Updated on: Tue, 06 April 2021 21:09]

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Previous Topic: Trump Laugh of the Week