A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > Literary Merit > Dialog only story - Looking for thoughts.
Dialog only story - Looking for thoughts.  [message #77823] Sun, 23 May 2021 20:27 Go to previous message
James Matthews is currently offline  James Matthews

Toe is in the water

Hi All

I am trying something completely new with my next project. I am very interested to know everyones thoughts on a Dialog only story?I have started a transcript style story called "The Sessions" . It is set in a single room and is a conversation between a Consulting Physiatrist and a Patient who has Depression and Anxiety issues after getting out of a violent relationship. Instead of Chapters I am using "Visits'' which will contain the entire conversation between the two people. After the visit I will display the Doctor's notes which have been taken while the conversation took place.But as I say, it will be in entirely dialog and no fillings. I'm interested to know if people have read these types of stories before and how you got on with them?

Many thanks

Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Read Message  
Previous Topic: The Storm That Turned the Tide
Next Topic: Surpeme Confidence is up and running