A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum
Today's Messages (off)  | Unanswered Messages (on)

Forum: General Talk
 Topic: This Kid Is Fabulous! ( And his Mom's not bad either)
icon6.gif This Kid Is Fabulous! ( And his Mom's not bad either)  [message #65938] Fri, 08 July 2011 14:25
Brody Levesque is currently offline  Brody Levesque

Really getting into it

By Brody Levesque | WASHINGTON DC -- Seven year old Brock Ritter is very proud of the way he flaunts himself and is unafraid to let anyone know that. In fact he is a self described "diva."

Wednesday night he had an opportunity to parade his talents on the American cable television network TLC's show- 'Toddlers & Tiaras,' proving that he is as flashy, talented, and as outrageous as the little girls.

Brock's mother Tori said during an interview that her son has already garnered half a dozen wins plus trophies for his dancing and gymnastic abilities. She also said that her seven year old travels to competitions with his two favorite dolls and dreams of one day being a star on Broadway. Ritter said that while in kindergarten, Brock took some flak from other boys who said "dancing was for girls."

From TLC:

[Updated on: Fri, 08 July 2011 15:37]

Topic: Gay marriage...state by state
icon5.gif Gay marriage...state by state  [message #65905] Sat, 25 June 2011 14:30
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Perhaps you have read about gay marriage being approved in the State of New York, but here's Brody's report:

http://brodylevesque.blogspot.com/2011/06/brodys-notes-new-york-senate-approves.html

So now New York joins the short list of states who approve of equal rights for their citizens despite the objections of the religious right who really should have no say in the matter.

Marriage should not be an issue of religion despite the fact that they have tried to control it over the centuries. Inter-racial marriage was condemned by churches and preached against from the pulpit. Catholics were told not to marry Jews, but perhaps it was the Jews who really objected, and for good reason.

The purpose of marriage in churches is to allow the religion to dominate the bond. Catholics don't allow birth control so that the faithful are sure to have lots of kids who will be forced into the religion and thus pay up every Sunday when the plate is passed around.(is every sperm sacred? ask Monty Python)

Am I being cynical? Damn right. The dogma of religion is centered around money. If there was half a brain in the Vatican they would recognize that the LBGT community is one of the weathiest and welcome them with open arms. But let's face it, we won't be fooled.

The matter of denying LBGT citizens the right of union in a marriage registered with the States in order to grant the same privledges as those of hetero status should not be a contest. The US Congress can pass all the laws it wants against gay marriage, and even get the Supreme Court to uphold the farce, but it is a violation of our Constitution to do so.

There are the literalists who wave the Bible and the Constitution whenever they object to the rights of others. They are quick to point out that the Bible condems homosexuals (although I am still searching for that reason in a text illuminated by pedophile monks). But I have yet to see anything in our Constitution that mentions the homo word.

As many of you recognize, religion has infected this society. At no time should government allow religious thought to influence its thinking. I did find that in the Constitution. The comments about abridging religious freedom is well known, so let's talk about Article Six which is obscure:
"No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any public office or trust under the United States."

And yet some states disavow this law and require candidates for office to believe in God. I ask you, what is mariage but a public trust? Local jursidictions issue a mandatory marriage license for the purpose of collecting a tax. That is in the public trust.

From my perspective if religion is allowed freedom then we must be allowed freedom from religion as well. If it is not required of those who we elect to office then why should religion be allowed to oppress any citizens?

I see the new changes in New York as a step forward in taking back what should already be ours. The blatant theft of personal freedom by religious factions in the country and the open attacks on LBGT citizens must stop.

Perhaps in the next revolution we will get it right and start by throwing religion overboard into the harbor and taking away their freedoms. Where do I sign up?

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
 Topic: Rise Against Debuts Video For "Make It Stop"
icon6.gif Rise Against Debuts Video For "Make It Stop"  [message #65885] Wed, 22 June 2011 15:08

Really getting into it

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA -- Rise Against and the It Gets Better Project TM are proud to announce a collaboration in conjunction with the release of Rise Against’s new single, "Make It Stop (September's Children)" from their album Endgame, which debuted at number 2 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums Chart.
The It Gets Better Project and Rise Against shift the spotlight to bullying via “Make it Stop (September’s Children),” a topic Rise Against lead-singer Tim McIlrath says really hasn’t been adequately addressed in the rock scene.
"A number of events were the catalyst for the creation of Make It Stop, everything from the suicides in September 2010, to our own fans voicing their fears and insecurities from time to time,” says McIlrath. “I decided to create the song as a response, and when I discovered the It Gets Better campaign and [It Gets Better Project co-founder] Dan Savage's commitment to such an important and concise message, I was moved. I immediately felt that if our song is the road, then the It Gets Better campaign is the destination. I hope the synergy between the two can reach people and make a difference."
"Tim McIlrath has written a powerful song," It Gets Better Project co-founder Dan Savage said. "With the release of 'Make It Stop' and the accompanying video, Rise Against is sending the message to its fan base that the bullying and harassment of LGBT teens needs to stop and that suicide isn't a solution."
Award-winning director Marc Klasfeld directed the "Make It Stop" music video in Chicago at Tim McIlrath’s high school alma mater. “I've been a fan of Rise Against for a while and it was amazing to work with them on this special video,” Klasfeld said. “As soon as I heard the song, I knew a powerful video could be made that could potentially help people and I jumped at the chance to be a part of it.”
The video depicts the band performing the song in the high school gymnasium alongside moving scenes of individuals from the LGBT community experiencing and coping with bullying from their peers in high school. The music video also includes snippets of multiple youtube submissions provided by the It Gets Better Project, with individuals sharing their stories and letting viewers know that “it gets better.” You can watch the video here:

Rise Against is well known for lending their voice to causes as well as their close relationship to their fans. Past songs with a bent toward social activism have included "Ready to Fall" in support of PETA and "Hero of War", written in response to the military action in Iraq.
The It Gets Better Project is a non-profit organization created by syndicated columnist and author Dan Savage, who is featured in the video, and his partner Terry Miller in September 2010. Eight months later, IGB has turned into a worldwide movement, inspiring over 10,000 user-created videos viewed over 35 million times.
To date, the project has received submissions from celebrities, organizations, activists, politicians and media personalities, including President Barack Obama, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Lady Gaga, Adam Lambert, Anne Hathaway, Joel Madden, Ke$ha, Sarah Silverman, Ellen DeGeneres, the staffs of The Gap, Google, Facebook, Pixar, the Broadway community, and many more.
The website http://www.itgetsbetter.org is a place where LGBT youth can see how love and happiness can be a reality in their future, straight allies can support their friends and family members, and where anyone can share their story, take the It Gets Better Project pledge, watch videos of love and support, and seek help through the Trevor Project, GLSEN and the ACLU LGBT Project.
 Topic: Gay Google
Gay Google  [message #65884] Tue, 21 June 2011 21:47
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Googles signal of solidarity with gays got a little more noticeable this Pride Month.

Run a search for 'gay' or related items and a swooping rainbow will appear next to the search box at the top of the results pages. During previous Pride Months Google had included a thin rainbow above results.

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2011/06/20/Google_Gay_for_Sign_of_Solidarity/

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
 Topic: UN passes resoultion for gay rights
icon3.gif UN passes resoultion for gay rights  [message #65872] Sat, 18 June 2011 00:53
yusime is currently offline  yusime

Likes it here

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/06/17/un.lgbt.rights/

It doesn't mean anything legally but it hold symbolic value.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake since for him a spinal cord would suffice. Albert Einstein
 Topic: Chooka's Latest performance
Chooka's Latest performance  [message #65860] Fri, 10 June 2011 12:25
DesDownunder is currently offline  DesDownunder

Likes it here

Australia's got Talent and here is Chooka Parker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MKEdpmiqQU

DesDownunder

Call me naive if you want, but life without trust in the goodness of others would be intolerable.

Religious indoctrination: It gets better, without it.
 Topic: Bad Boys Have More Fun
Bad Boys Have More Fun  [message #65852] Mon, 06 June 2011 23:16
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Y'all be good while timmy's on holiday!

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
 Topic: Vitaliy Magic
icon7.gif Vitaliy Magic  [message #65846] Sun, 05 June 2011 12:14

Really getting into it

By Brody Levesque
Without a doubt, one of humanity's most beloved form of entertainment since mankind first walked the surface of this planet, has been being fooled by an expert in the art of the sleight of hand- an illusionist.
Today that legacy lives on in the form of an extraordinarily talented young Ukrainian, whose stage presence echoes that by-gone era of vaudeville and the legendary illusionist himself, Harry Houdini.

In a brilliant display of showmanship, 24 year old Vitaliy Luskar, won the hearts minds, and votes of his fellow Ukrainians and walked away as the ultimate winner of the hugely popular televised talent competition show; Ukraine's Got Talent, 2011, in May of this year.

Luskar, who comes from very modest beginnings in a small town not far from the Ukrainian capital city of Kyiv, credits his humble but proud parents for his success. His father works as an over-the-road truck driver and his mother is a housekeeper. Their only child, Vitaliy acknowledges that his career has been supported by their love, guidance, and patient understanding as he learned his craft as an illusionist.

Vitaliy possesses the Slavic beauty that most would associate with the expected look of a classic Russian male, and dressed in his stage costumes resembles a prince of the royal Romanov house of the czars. His grace and dignity on stage rivals that of an imperial Russian ballet master as he flawlessly executes his magic performing with a sense of refined elegance before his delighted but astounded audiences.

When asked who it was that inspired him to study the magical arts, Luskar hands credit to American master illusionist David Copperfield, whose performance enthralled a nine year old Vitaliy during Copperfield's visit to the Ukraine in 1996.
Copperfield, who has won international acclaim as the master of the dual arts of story telling and illusion, became the role model and idol that Luskar avidly followed by devouring videos, books, articles, and any materials related to the master illusionist, as he gained experience apprenticing in the crafts of magic and illusion.

Vitaliy works hard at perfecting his performances, rehearsing nearly twelve hours a day taking only the occasional day off. Luskar says that all that hard work ensures that he's able to give his audiences more than just a show. He says that what makes him happy is being more than just an illusionist- like his idol David Copperfield, Vitaliy is a storyteller and says that he wants to bring his people to a fantastic place. It makes them happy and satisfied- which brings him a deep sense of joy and accomplishment.

Topic: HIV infection plotted against Circumcision rates
HIV infection plotted against Circumcision rates  [message #65825] Mon, 30 May 2011 16:34
timmy

Has no life at all

circumcision vs HIV stats

I find this set of graphs interesting. Of corse they are open to interpretation, but the strongest interpretation is that circumcision is, broadly, irrelevant in HIV infection rates.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
 Topic: This is a simple thing to ask
icon14.gif This is a simple thing to ask  [message #65818] Sun, 29 May 2011 20:17
timmy

Has no life at all

This kid is working hard. We need to help him:

Sign the petition at http://www.change.org/petitions/hear-snda-all-youth-deserve-a-safe-school-2

My name is Caleb Laieski, 16, of Arizona.

As a bullied gay youth who had to drop out of school for safety reasons, I am currently working on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. to get support for the Student Non-Discrimination Act, which would require schools to include sexual orientation and gender identity in their current non-discrimination policy.

Please join me in asking Chairman John Kline, Chair of the Education and the Workforce Committee, to bring this key legislation up for discussion in the committee.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2011/05/arizona-teen-lobbies-congress-for-support-of-student-non-discrimination-act/

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
 Topic: Let he without sin cast the first stone...
Let he without sin cast the first stone...  [message #65799] Sat, 28 May 2011 15:24
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

No Message Body

I prefer guys that don't come in a box.
 Topic: 13 ans (2008)
13 ans (2008)  [message #65790] Wed, 25 May 2011 15:36
timmy

Has no life at all

1_a(2008) from morgod on Vimeo.

Yes, it's not in English. So you need to watch more closely.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 May 2011 15:37]

Topic: If...
If...  [message #65784] Mon, 23 May 2011 07:39
timmy

Has no life at all

I thought you might like a present:

Until the scene in the cafe the film is pretty much a documentary about the schools of the era. I was at one of these in the second half of the 1960s. Everything that is not in the surreal post cafe scenes is accurate.

Oddly the moody black and white shots are for budgetary reasons rather than artistic reasons. Colour stock blew the budget, or so article I’ve read said.

There were sad rumours that Rupert Webster who played Bobby Phillips had been stabbed to death. Like so many rumours these proved to be unfounded. He attended a relatively recent ex-cast gathering. He’s not hugely handsome but he’s gloriously attractive.

The film was contentious when it came out, and kicked off Malcolm McDowell’s career. The contentious nature led our rather wise headmaster to make it pretty much compulsory viewing. Normally we were forbidden to go to the cinema. He gave blanket permission to go and see it. I suspect his reasoning was that he didn’t want us to take the guns from the school armoury and shoot the school up on founder’s day!

Every time I watch this film the ending makes me cry. I cared so much about Bobby and the huge waste of it all. The shot (in the video) of Bobby looking down at his hero on the horizontal bar has stayed with me for a long time.

Topic: Kika erklärt Jungs wie man eine Erektion versteckt!! Neu!
Kika erklärt Jungs wie man eine Erektion versteckt!! Neu!  [message #65774] Sat, 21 May 2011 22:27
timmy

Has no life at all

Never say this is not educational

Topic: Tennessee legislature bans anti-discrimination laws
Tennessee legislature bans anti-discrimination laws  [message #65772] Sat, 21 May 2011 12:24
E.J. is currently offline  E.J.

Really getting into it

The bill, backed by the religious right and the Tennessee Chamber of Commerce, would ban local laws protecting any minority group, not just gay people.

short version here:
http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2011/05/20/Tenn_Dismantles_Discrimination_Ordinances/

More here:
http://www.americablog.com/2011/05/over-4000-sign-open-letter-to-fedex-at.html

(\\__/) And if you don't believe The sun will rise
(='.'=) Stand alone and greet The coming night
(")_(") In the last remaining light. (C. Cornell)
 Topic: It's ok to be Takei!
It's ok to be Takei!  [message #65771] Fri, 20 May 2011 06:22
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
 Topic: What did you do for IDAHO Day?
What did you do for IDAHO Day?  [message #65759] Tue, 17 May 2011 18:37
timmy

Has no life at all

Our own correspondent got an apology from a magazine:

http://tinyurl.com/6zsx5mn

http://tinyurl.com/5rw6dsn

Even one man can make a difference sometimes

Topic: Human intelligence...
Human intelligence...  [message #65755] Mon, 16 May 2011 20:26

Really getting into it

How little we understand ourselves and yet many accept the belief in some cosmic god-father who rules the universe...but not so fast:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110516/us_yblog_thelookout/stephen-hawking-says-afterlife-is-a-fairy-story

For years I have followed the career and pronouncements of this man, the world's most intelligent human. I say followed because I often do not understand what he has to say. That is as it should be.

We all share a separate entity, and even within ourselves there is a body and a mind that often do not agree. Dr. Hawking's body gave up long ago, the mind never has. You have to respect his courage and zeal for life.

He doesn't blame any god for his physical weakness, it is just a fact of his life. This man is a hero, to me and many others. And when he speaks we should all pay attention. I do agree, life here and now is all we will ever get, make the most of it.

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
 Topic: Kill The Gays Bill Shelved In Uganda
icon4.gif Kill The Gays Bill Shelved In Uganda  [message #65743] Fri, 13 May 2011 18:32

Really getting into it

May 13 | Kampala, Uganda -- Uganda's parliament has adjourned its legislative season without considering the horrific bill legalizing the death penalty for people accused of homosexuality today. Lawmakers had been due to debate the legislation calling for capital punishment notably for consensual gay sex where one partner has the HIV virus.

The United States, a major aid donor to Uganda, said Thursday that nothing could justify passing the Anti-Homosexuality Bill. Parliament speaker Edward Ssekandi said he was "adjourning this house," effectively killing off the debate over the controversial legislation for this parliament.

David Bahati, the lawmaker behind the anti-gay bill, said that no bills could be passed as the cabinet was dissolved following the inauguration of President Yoweri Museveni on Thursday following a landslide election victory in February. But he said that even if the bill was not passed this session it had achieved the goal of sparking a debate that would continue when the new parliament convenes. "We have made important steps in raising the issue and that will continue," he said.

LGBT Activists warn that the bill could return in the next parliament. Earlier this week by Rep. Barney Frank and the U.S. State Department denounced the bill with warnings to cut off financial aid to Uganda should it pass.
 Topic: My Blackberry Is Not Working!
icon14.gif My Blackberry Is Not Working!  [message #65708] Sat, 07 May 2011 21:28

Really getting into it

*Note: Orange is a network provider in the UK & Europe.
  • Attachment: BBC1.jpg
    (Size: 13.24KB, Downloaded 310 times)

[Updated on: Sat, 07 May 2011 21:29]

Topic: Love this too
Love this too  [message #65675] Tue, 03 May 2011 13:23

Likes it here

The corollary:

Do not treat others as you would not like to be treated.

DesDownunder

Call me naive if you want, but life without trust in the goodness of others would be intolerable.

Topic: Love it
Love it  [message #65674] Tue, 03 May 2011 12:25
timmy

Has no life at all

Such hard work.

Topic: Making your vote count
icon3.gif Making your vote count  [message #65653] Mon, 02 May 2011 06:43

Likes it here

I see that the voting system in the UK is under scrutiny:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/05/02/3205436.htm?section=justin

What I find interesting is that the Australian preferential voting system is being considered as an alternative to the present first past the post.
Both systems have their advantages and disadvantages, and here in Australia we do have people wanting to return to a first past the post. Mostly these people are from the right wing.

There are a couple of things that need to accompany any voting system and I believe compulsory voting, as we have in OZ, is one of them. Another thing that must be considered is that electoral boundaries must constantly be redrawn. We do this in Oz based on the previous votes in each district booth.

There is also an argument which proposes that multiple member electorates facilitate fairer representation.

I leave the details for you to discuss at your convenience and as you think best. However I will add that the argument favouring compulsory voting seems to be inviolable wherever the democracy is founded on the principle of "no taxation without representation," and where that taxation is also compulsory, it logically follows that so too should the voting.

Of course if the taxation is not compulsory then the voting doesn't have to be either, and I think that would win a landslide vote in its favour; at least until government services ran out of money.

In the mean time it might be wise to examine voting systems around the world to see what should not be considered as well as those that do offer viable variations of electoral equality.

And the best of British luck to you all.

DesDownunder

Topic: Hunky Jesus Easter 2011
icon14.gif Hunky Jesus Easter 2011  [message #65628] Tue, 26 April 2011 00:08

Really getting into it

The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence are back with the 32nd annual Hunky Jesus contest. Set your offense level to stun! But as they say, Jesus has a sense of humor, and so should you. It's all in loving good fun, and a celebration of an organization that has raised millions to support charities that "Christians" have ignored.

Topic: LGBTQ Teens Less Likely To Commit Suicide with support
LGBTQ Teens Less Likely To Commit Suicide with support  [message #65608] Mon, 18 April 2011 20:27
timmy

Has no life at all

This article you should read. It's important because it highlights where we, yes, we, can make a difference. We can all, in our own way, seek to insist on support for gay teens in all our schools.

http://tinyurl.com/3dl7c7j

How can we do that?

By activism, large or small. We can each make a difference by raising issues, by telling our friends and asking them to help us make a difference. We can use Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, Change.org. We can contact schools directly. We can offer our services. We can do what we are each good at. We can harass the hate groups, too.

This is our fight

Topic: PS Brody:
PS Brody:  [message #65593] Fri, 15 April 2011 21:03
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

I didn't want to derail the other thread anymore than it's already been derailed so I thought I'd post this here:

You're only gay if you take it... so I guess you're right... Sad)

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
 Topic: Pat Condell: The Trouble With Christianity
icon14.gif Pat Condell: The Trouble With Christianity  [message #65580] Thu, 14 April 2011 18:55

Really getting into it

Topic: Here's The Yearly Bullyfest from Focus On The Family
Here's The Yearly Bullyfest from Focus On The Family  [message #65570] Thu, 14 April 2011 01:24

Really getting into it

{ via Joe.My.God } Focus On The Family's Stuart Shephard hosts anti-gay activist Candi Cushman and her ratty hairpiece to explain how Christianist students are going to harass LGBT kids in the loving name of Jeebus. The Focus-sponsored "Day Of Dialogue" is this Monday. Up until last year, this annual bashing-fest was run by the "ex-gay" liars at Exodus International.

Of course the fact that this crap most likely violates the premise of the separation of church & state means nothing to these Christonazis.
 Topic: Watch This: The message is simple yet very effective!
icon14.gif Watch This: The message is simple yet very effective!  [message #65569] Wed, 13 April 2011 14:24

Really getting into it

Topic: And now for some good news...
icon3.gif And now for some good news...  [message #65568] Wed, 13 April 2011 10:24
timmy

Has no life at all

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2011/apr/12/ian-mckellen-gay-tour-schools

Yes, we are again leading the way. Now, USA, how about catching us up?

Topic: An Example Of A Gay Bronze Age Early Homo Sapiens?
icon7.gif An Example Of A Gay Bronze Age Early Homo Sapiens?  [message #65550] Thu, 07 April 2011 00:22

Really getting into it

The discovery of a 5000 year-old skeleton in the Czech Republic has scientists speculating.

During that period, men were traditionally buried lying on their right side with the head pointing towards the west; women on their left side with the head facing east. In this case, the man was on his left side with his head facing west. Another clue is that men tended to be interred with weapons, hammers and flint knives as well as several portions of food and drink to accompany them to the other side. Women would be buried with necklaces made from teeth, pets, and copper earrings, as well as domestic jugs and an egg-shaped pot placed near the feet. The ‘gay caveman’ was buried with household jugs, and no weapons.

Archaeologists do not think it was a mistake or coincidence given the importance attached to funerals during the period, known as the Corded Ware era because of the pottery it produced. From history and ethnology, we know that people from this period took funeral rites very seriously so it is highly unlikely that this positioning was a mistake,’ said lead researcher Kamila Remisova Vesinova. ‘Far more likely is that he was a man with a different sexual orientation, homosexual or transvestite. What we see here does not add up to traditional Corded Ware cultural norms.’ An oval, egg-shaped container usually associated with female burials was also found at the feet of the skeleton.
Another member of the archaeological team, Katerina Semradova, said that colleagues had uncovered an earlier case dating from the Mesolithic period where a female warrior was buried as a man.
She added that Siberian shamans, or witch doctors, were also buried in this way but with richer funeral accessories appropriate to their elevated position in society.
‘This later discovery was neither of those. We believe this is one of the earliest cases of what could be described as a transvestite or third-gender grave in the Czech Republic.’

Photo Via Europics:
 Topic: So many Christians...So few Lions....
icon12.gif So many Christians...So few Lions....  [message #65533] Sun, 03 April 2011 18:42

Really getting into it

[Updated on: Sun, 03 April 2011 18:43]

Topic: To Jamie/Grasshopper - Happy Belated Birthday
To Jamie/Grasshopper - Happy Belated Birthday  [message #65524] Wed, 30 March 2011 21:59
kate is currently offline  kate

Getting started

Hey Jamie,

I know i'm almost one month late, but i very much wanted to wish you a happy belated birthday.I hope wherever you are, you are happy and will get to live many fulfilling, loving and joyful years. (just found out today from here when your b-day is so i had to sign up and make this post)

Tried sending you an email yesterday before i found out about this message board but i kept getting some error therefore i'm not sure if you got it after all.

The original mail i will copy here and i can only hope one day you will read it.

"Dear Jamie,

I have many things i'd like to say to you, but it seems like i cant find the right words to, all i can say right now is thank you for everything you've written, and thank you for who you are - every line of every story is so warm and heartfelt, it brings tears to my eyes when i read.

I know you haven't updated in a few years but i thought maybe, just maybe you still drop by from time to time to see how things are around here - i know how life can keep one busy and make us change our priorities and aye, once we grow up we cant do with our time much of what we'd want as much as what we need for the better of our everyday life.

So here i am writing this small letter thingy to you, hoping with all my heart that you are alright and happy, even if busy and not online anymore.

Just wanted to say this to you: Your stories give me hope, thank you from the heart for the way you make me feel even if i'm just thinking of you, how you are, or your stories.

If by chance the gods smile at me and you read this, i would love nothing more then to know how you are ( i know we've never talked and you dont know me, just like i only know a small part of you that i found through this site, but i worry - cant be helped)

Take care beautiful soul and wherever you are, i hope you're happy and living the good life you deserve. "

I always keep you in my heart and thoughts Jamie *hugs tight*

kate
 Topic: Here's A Definite Shocker.... But Pleasant:
icon14.gif Here's A Definite Shocker.... But Pleasant:  [message #65494] Mon, 21 March 2011 12:55

Really getting into it

• Attachment: Snoopy.gif
    (Size: 11.66KB, Downloaded 317 times)
 Topic: Amazingly in the world of Bruce Weber ...
Amazingly in the world of Bruce Weber ...  [message #65491] Mon, 21 March 2011 04:38
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

... the song apparently remains much the same regardless of which decade we're in.

On the top we have the 1980's Brewer Twins in arguably one of the most infamous nude studies ever undertaken; on the bottom a decade or more later we have The Carlson Brothers in almost a mirror image of the the former and nary a word was ever mentioned about it; but, Lordy a body just can't seem to get over controversy that ensued over The Brewers, although it is somewhat noteworthy to mention that in their time The Brewers were two of Abercrombie & Fitches' most endearing mannequins ... I wonder why that is; but then again. so were the Carlsons.

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
 Topic: Thought a little levity might be needed just about now ....
Thought a little levity might be needed just about now ....  [message #65490] Mon, 21 March 2011 04:11

Really getting into it

No Message Body

Topic: More acrobatics
More acrobatics  [message #65429] Fri, 11 March 2011 12:03
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

No Message Body

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
 Topic: Timely information for our youngest visitors ...
Timely information for our youngest visitors ...  [message #65391] Wed, 02 March 2011 13:40

Really getting into it

... it being simply amazing to me what a body can stumble upon when trolling the Internet before dawn because he has nothing better to do with his hands.

The voice of gay youth returns:

http://xymag.com/blog/2011/01/the-voice-of-gay-youth-returns/

Whilst never a young-un myself (least while during the currency of this magazine prior to it's parent company's bankruptcy, I was a frequent visitor to their web-site if for no other reason that to simply gawk as the photos; on the other hand it truly held a wealth of pre- and post-pubescent teen-geared information and resources that have been notably missing since it's demise.

If you are under age-18 please visit the web-site and let your voice be heard. They need to know you are out there and still interested.

For the rest of us, this could be a renewed opportunity to revist our own youth, however vicariously through theirs.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

Topic: American History you won't learn in school...
American History you won't learn in school...  [message #65350] Thu, 17 February 2011 23:00

Really getting into it

Needless to say, I don't see any errors in judgement...on the part of those who made this.

Topic: From 'Today' on NBC:
icon14.gif From 'Today' on NBC:  [message #65349] Thu, 17 February 2011 18:19

Really getting into it

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Pages (31): [ «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    »]