A Place of Safety
I expect simple behaviours here. Friendship, and love.
Any advice should be from the perspective of the person asking, not the person giving!
We have had to make new membership moderated to combat the huge number of spammers who register

You are here: Home > Forum > A Place of Safety > General Talk > My father ...
icon4.gif My father ...  [message #64613] Sun, 31 October 2010 16:39 Go to next message
Alan is currently offline  Alan

Getting started

Warren C. E. Austin, whom nay of you may know as The Gay Deceiver suffered congestive heart failure a week ago Friday evening as he was being transported back to hospital as had been previously arranged.

He has recovered moderately from this ordeal, and will undergo open heart surgery this coming week, probably Wednesday where two valves and arteries will be repaired and he should be home next weekend.

He had asked that I notify you folks earlier, but I waited until I had some positive news to give you.

As I sit here typing this I am awaiting his arrival for the afternoon and evening before he returns to the hospital later tonight.

Alan
Re: My father ...  [message #64614 is a reply to message #64613] Sun, 31 October 2010 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saben is currently offline  saben

On fire!

Hope you feel well enough soon to read this yourself, Warren.

Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time [...] No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Master Oogway
Re: My father ...  [message #64615 is a reply to message #64613] Sun, 31 October 2010 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kiwi is currently offline  kiwi

Likes it here

Damm!

Thanks, Alan (& Warren). Never give up hope - it's great what the professionals can do these days and the body is a wonderful machine.

Thinking of you.

Commas matter - 'Party on Dudes' is not the same as 'Party on, Dudes'
Re: My father ...  [message #64616 is a reply to message #64613] Sun, 31 October 2010 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisjames147 is currently offline  chrisjames147

Really getting into it

Thank you for the information, Alan. Sending my best regards to Warren and the wish for a speedy recovery.
Hugs, Chris

Age appears to be best in four things; old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read. (Sir Francis Bacon 1561-1626)
Re: My father ...  [message #64617 is a reply to message #64613] Sun, 31 October 2010 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nigel is currently offline  Nigel

On fire!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Warren.

Hugs
Nigel

I dream of boys with big bulges in their trousers,
Never of girls with big bulges in their blouses.

…and look forward to meeting you in Cóito.
Re: My father ...  [message #64618 is a reply to message #64613] Sun, 31 October 2010 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aqualino is currently offline  aqualino

Likes it here

Your father is in my thoughts. May he have a quick recovery.

marco

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. Washington Irving
Re: My father ...  [message #64619 is a reply to message #64613] Sun, 31 October 2010 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

I relayed a message direct to Warren who was speaking to a friend on the phone. And Alan has emailed me. My message was simply that Warren is a tough old sod, and what he faces is unpleasant, but survivable. I believe Warren appreciated it. I know Alan will relay everyone's remarks to him.

He's not very well right now. And he's going to be pretty poorly for a while after surgery.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
LOL, better late son than not at all.  [message #64628 is a reply to message #64613] Sun, 31 October 2010 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Gay Deceiver is currently offline  The Gay Deceiver

Really getting into it

Folks, may I take this opportunity to thank you all for your well-wishes and continued support.

I look forward to a healthy and vigorous return in 10-days time or so; and yes, Timmy, I am one tough olde sod and not going to be letting this one get the better of me. I did chuckle when our mutual friend related you message from Skype.

Warren C. E. Austin
The Gay Deceiver
Toronto, Canada

"... comme recherché qu'un délice callipygian"
Re: LOL, better late son than not at all.  [message #64629 is a reply to message #64628] Sun, 31 October 2010 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DesDownunder is currently offline  DesDownunder

Likes it here

May I too wish you a speedy return to full health.
As a fellow heart sufferer, I can assure that they have improved the care since I had my heart operation some 47 years ago.

:-*

DesDownunder

Call me naive if you want, but life without trust in the goodness of others would be intolerable.

Religious indoctrination: It gets better, without it.
Re: LOL, better late son than not at all.  [message #64633 is a reply to message #64628] Sun, 31 October 2010 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

It's just going to be unpleasant for a while. You'll think at times "I have definitely had more fun, probably when the cat was last sick on the carpet"

And, if you do what the buggers tell you, you'll come out of the process with a new vigour.

Author of Queer Me! Halfway Between Flying and Crying - the true story of life for a gay boy in the Swinging Sixties in a British all male Public School
Re: My father ...  [message #64634 is a reply to message #64613] Sun, 31 October 2010 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acam is currently offline  acam

On fire!

Please give him my love,
Anthony
Re: My father ...  [message #64642 is a reply to message #64613] Mon, 01 November 2010 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JFR is currently offline  JFR

On fire!

My thoughts and prayers are with Warren. I have been through this kind of surgery: it gets better Wink

J F R

The paradox has often been noted that the United States, founded in secularism, is now the most religiose country in Christendom, while England, with an established church headed by its constitutional monarch, is among the least. (Richard Dawkins, 2006)
Re: My father ...  [message #64645 is a reply to message #64613] Mon, 01 November 2010 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael-Kent Dobison is currently offline  Michael-Kent Dobison

Likes it here

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the update and please pass all my love and regards along to your dad. My his recovery be speedy and filled with loving family & friends Smile

Best Wishes to you all,

Michael

"And so the lion fell in love with the Lamb"
"What a stupid Lamb"
"What a sick, masochistic lion"
icon14.gif UPDATE  [message #64849 is a reply to message #64613] Sun, 14 November 2010 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmy

Has no life at all

Surgery was a success. They took a vein from his leg & repaired the aorta. They also installed both new heart valves successfully and did a bypass. His colour is still pasty but Alan says he is looking pinker and is already more robust than prior to the surgery. He also said that they still have Warren on the vent/O2 for now and that he will be sent home Tuesday PM

icon14.gif Re: UPDATE  [message #64850 is a reply to message #64849] Sun, 14 November 2010 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
attatood.too is currently offline  attatood.too

Likes it here

Now THERE is some awesome, and welcome news. Glad to hear it! ;-D

I prefer guys that don't come in a box.
Re: UPDATE  [message #64860 is a reply to message #64849] Sun, 14 November 2010 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aqualino is currently offline  aqualino

Likes it here

Wonderful news ! I wish him a speedy recovery.

marco

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. Washington Irving
Re: UPDATE  [message #64874 is a reply to message #64849] Mon, 15 November 2010 10:57 Go to previous message
Michael-Kent Dobison is currently offline  Michael-Kent Dobison

Likes it here

Whoop Whoop Smile Great news thanks timmy.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Alan.

Much love - Mike ;-D

"And so the lion fell in love with the Lamb"
"What a stupid Lamb"
"What a sick, masochistic lion"
Previous Topic: The School that was attended by Brandon Bitner
Next Topic: Have you looked at the main site today?
Goto Forum: